Talk

Advanced search

Do you keep your little ones bedroom windows open all night?

(5 Posts)
caroline29woohooo Thu 25-May-17 19:09:17

My little girl is 3. Her bedroom is upstairs and out of her window it backs on to a big field and public footpath. I'm struggling to keep her room cool and want to keep her window open for the night as I think it will really help. I normally never do this as paranoid someone going to get in (I think because of Madeline McCann story..) not sure if I'm being OTT. Just wondered if anyone else leaves their kids bedroom windows open?

GeillisTheWitch Thu 25-May-17 19:11:12

No I don't but not because of security, because my bloody neighbour with her foghorn voice is out there for a fag all the time and the noise would wake her.

BelfastSmile Thu 25-May-17 19:14:03

I usually don't, unless it's really warm. Not because of security, but in case flies or wasps or something get in. We recently got new windows, though, which can be opened about an inch and then locked in that position, so I might risk it with those.

puffylovett Thu 25-May-17 19:17:20

Yes I do. But if she can get access to the window then I would recommend putting some form of safety measure in place. Ds' window is the fire exit for our upstairs so it's huge and opens really wide. He's older though at 7

Gillian1980 Thu 25-May-17 19:26:24

Not usually due to it being 3rd floor and I'm scared of her working out the safety locks!

But last 2 nights I've locked it on the latch so it lets through a small bit of air. I've found keeping the curtains closed during the day helps to keep the heat out.

Dd room is south facing and high up with no shade so it can get really hot without doing the above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now