Talk

Advanced search

If your child goes to pre school in the morning...

(5 Posts)
sowhatusernameisnttaken Thu 25-May-17 14:50:44

...how do you spend your afternoons? smile

InDubiousBattle Thu 25-May-17 14:57:44

My ds goes to pre school one full day (so 9.15-2.45) and one half day (9.15-12.15), on his half day he comes home and reads his book bag book whilst dd has her lunch and then they both go to bed for a nap. Usually after that we play in the garden, go to the park, mess about at home. Today dp is going to be home early so we're going to walk to the train to meet him and go for tea somewhere. As of next week there are some events on in our local library that are on in the afternoon so we'll do that- it's half term though so pre school won't affect that!

catsatonthemat Thu 25-May-17 20:44:03

It depends. Sometimes my dd just wants to watch TV for a bit before we get her siblings from school. Once a week she does a swimming lesson and dance. We also play and do jigsaws, we read stories, go to the park etc.

ColdTeddy Thu 25-May-17 20:54:19

He usually just wants to watch TV/read books/play quietly with his toy cars for a few hours. He gets a little burst of energy later on and plays in the garden or or just generally charges about the house.

He's usually far too tired to do anything too much though.

skankingpiglet Thu 25-May-17 23:31:18

DD1 does two mornings. I keep the afternoons of those days free from any set weekly activities, so we can pick and choose depending on mood, weather, or if we need to do something/run an errand. We might go to the shops, park, zoo, a playdate, or gymnastics play session, but if we don't fancy it for whatever reason we'll stay home and play/bake/watch a film etc. If we're going out, sometimes we'll pop home for lunch first, other times (especially now it's warmer, but only if I manage to get my arse in gear) I'll make a packed lunch for a picnic and head off straight from pick up.
We have so many set things in our week, I really like the flexibility of our afternoons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now