Talk

Advanced search

Tips for managing day to day with difficult second child

(3 Posts)
tintinenamerique Tue 23-May-17 18:53:56

As title suggests. I have two children, 3 and nearly 1. The baby is hard work, gets frustrated at the things he can't do. On the move now and far more into everything than his older brother was. Doesn't sleep brilliantly so I'm constantly knackered and ratty with dc1. He won't nap in the buggy (will in the sling but only v briefly) so either we all suffer massive cabin fever staying in while the baby naps or I have a ratty, underskept baby.
Feel I'm neglecting my eldest and struggling to know how to do best by them both.
Any tips???

Cranb0rne Tue 23-May-17 19:39:38

I feel your pain! My 16 month old is high maintenance so my poor 4 year old gets a bit neglected. The 1 year old is up by 4.30 most days then spends the morning whinging with exhaustion while the 4 year old is up at 7, so by the time he gets up I am struggling with an over tired toddler. The toddler often refuses to nap until after lunch. I just take them both out regardless now as I lose my mind being stuck in the house. The 1 year old is distracted more by things like sand pits so forgets he's tired. Sorry, no real advice, just feeling your pain.

chocolateisnecessary Tue 23-May-17 20:05:39

Can you take them both to soft play or toddler gymnastics and stick the youngest in a sling to walk around and follow the eldest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now