Talk

Advanced search

Vests

(11 Posts)
Morewashingtodo Sat 20-May-17 10:03:28

Just wondering about your LOs and vests. Do they still wear them in the summer?

flisspot Sat 20-May-17 10:06:32

Good question! I have an almost 10 month old DD and still have her in vests under t-shirts. How warm will it need to be before I just stick a t-shirt on her?!? Ha ha.

kel1493 Sat 20-May-17 10:08:44

When it gets warm enough my lb just wears a t shirt. He is 20 months. Even last summer when he was 8-11 months, when it was warm enough he just wore a t shirt.

dementedpixie Sat 20-May-17 10:08:47

What age is your child. My 2 stopped wearing them completely quite early.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sat 20-May-17 10:09:06

My DD has patterned vests or ones with pictures on so I can stick her in them + shorts/trousers when it's warm. I find with just t-shirt and bottoms they ride up when she's wriggling and then she ends up with a bare back/tummy.

Heirhelp Sat 20-May-17 16:55:57

Last year my daughter did not on warm days or she just wore a vest or romper suit.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 20-May-17 17:02:06

DS wore a vest until he was about 8, and has started wearing them again in cold weather- he's 16 now.

Morewashingtodo Fri 26-May-17 19:18:59

Thanks all. We're definitely down to just a romper this week! The vest is off!

KatyN Sat 27-May-17 08:48:52

Vests are handy for summer jimjams? They keep the nappy in place but not too hot,
The only problem I have when mine doesn't wear a vest is she rubs her tummy on the stairs as she crawls up and down. Can lead to some carpet burns so just watch out.

lornathewizzard Sat 27-May-17 09:11:15

I always had a vest on DD when she was little it's only know she's coming up 3 I've stopped. I would forgo the tshirt rather than the vest as best is good for keeping nappies on

Isadora2007 Sat 27-May-17 09:13:51

I liked the best keeping the nappy on so found vests with polo neck style tops or pattern ones that could be worn instead of a tshirt.
Past nappy stage I often still get coloured vests for when it's warm. Or no vest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now