Talk

Advanced search

4 month sleep regression

(3 Posts)
sunshineon Thu 18-May-17 19:50:19

I'm currently going through the 4 month sleep regression with my daughter. She is EBF. She was sleeping around 6 hours straight until 3 months and when she hit 3 months I used to put her down around 7 and she would stay asleep until 11ish when I went to bed and have another feed and sleep until around 3 and have another feed and then she could wake again once or maybe twice more which I was accepting of. Now, I put her down at 7 as usual (she has plenty of sleep during the day) and she is awake again by 8, then again at 9 and again and 10.30 and so on so I am up and down the stairs all night until I go to bed. I try not to feed her every time she wakes and give her her dummy because most of those wakings she would use me as a dummy not take on any milk. When I come to bed most of the time I put her in bed with me because this is the only way I get any sleep at all because she seems to sleep longer next to me. What I want to know is if I should keep up the routine I'm in, nappy change, change into pyjamas, cuddle, BF and sleep in her love to dream swaddle up at 7, or try to change my routine because it may not be working?

richmondone Thu 18-May-17 21:42:16

I had a very similar sleep regression to you so I feel your pain. I kept up the routine, cos it had worked before and I think it's important not to get totally knocked off course by the regressions. My daughter started sleeping as she had done before after about 5-6 weeks. Which was pretty rough, but it DID end and we still stick to the routine now (she's nearly 11 months)

sunshineon Fri 19-May-17 13:05:30

Thankyou that really helps!! Because it is so tempting to try something new because you think it's something you've done! I will hang in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now