Talk

Advanced search

Mother or child?

(14 Posts)
percyluka Wed 17-May-17 23:34:43

During delivery , a man has to either save his wife or the baby. What should he do ?

There isn't a right or wrong answer btw

Writerwannabe83 Thu 18-May-17 08:51:47

Too many variables....

Why is one of their lives at risk?
Is the mother aware? What has she asked to happen?
What is the relationship between the man and woman? And the man and the child?
Are there are other children on the scene?

A true answer can't really be given without more details..

Writerwannabe83 Thu 18-May-17 08:53:08

Just saw you said they were married - my other questions still stand.

Me and my DH talk about this hypothetically sometimes and he said he would want me to be saved.

Leavesandburies Thu 18-May-17 09:03:55

Maybe this is awful but I think I want me to be saved. My other children growing up without a Mum fills me with horror.

lavei Thu 18-May-17 09:43:08

Save the child! They deserve a chance at life!

Writerwannabe83 Fri 19-May-17 07:32:02

My other children growing up without a Mum fills me with horror.

I'm like this....

The thought of my son (he's 3) growing up without he fills me with horror too....

myoriginal3 Fri 19-May-17 07:36:09

I would want my baby saved over me.

NanooCov Fri 19-May-17 07:38:56

Save the child! They deserve a chance at life

And the mother doesn't?!? confused

DawnOfTheMombie Fri 19-May-17 07:40:34

Save the baby.

I've seen what burying a child does to people. I'd rather be dead.

NapQueen Fri 19-May-17 07:42:03

Dh and I had this discussion and dc 1 - save the baby. Dc 2 - save the mum as Id hate my dcs to loose their mum young.

Doesnt matter anyways as no hospital would save the baby over the mother regardless.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 19-May-17 07:46:27

When I was pregnant with DS my DH always said he'd want me saved over the baby.

I'm now pregnant with DC2 and he says he'd still want me saved over the baby so our living son wouldn't have to grow up without his mother.

lavei Sun 21-May-17 12:15:55

@NanooCov
Mother has had a chance at life. Of course she doesn't deserve for it to end, but a child literally has never seen a blue sky/grassy field/stroked a dog etc. Let them have that chance

Gillian1980 Sun 21-May-17 14:20:17

I'd want the baby saved.

When I was having my c-section we knew dd was going to be taken straight to scbu. I told my dh to go with her while I was being stitched up etc. I couldn't bare the thought of her being alone if the worst happened. Dh was beside himself worrying about me in case anything happened to me but he went with dd.

We both had single parents due to the other parent dying so have seen/experienced how hard it is. But our parents managed and so did we, and I know that dh and dd would survive without me if they had to.

OhTheRoses Sun 21-May-17 14:27:02

He should refer the decision to the consultant in charge and express concern that he has been asked to make the choice. It's 2017, not the middle ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now