Talk

Advanced search

Feel like a bad mum

(14 Posts)
DoIKnowWhatImDoing Wed 17-May-17 23:16:43

Sometimes when I'm talking to other parents or on here, I often see that many parents do more for their child than I do. Not just in taking them out but in terms of behavioural tactics etc or coming up with solutions for problems. I worked as a nursery nurse for years and everyone just expects me to know what I am doing but I don't feel like I do. My routine with them is varied. I find it hard to stick to it everyday. So I'm not very good at implementing it at all and I feel so bad.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Wed 17-May-17 23:18:09

Honestly, give yourself a break. We all feel like that sometimes.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Wed 17-May-17 23:18:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoIKnowWhatImDoing Thu 18-May-17 12:19:17

Thank you. Sometimes everything just gets on top of me and it's hard to keep my cool

KindraLamb Thu 18-May-17 16:32:14

I feel that you are pressured. Parenting varies and this is all normal.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Thu 18-May-17 16:49:41

It's about being "good enough". What's important is your children are loved and feel secure - you can have the best routine in the world but that doesn't make you a better parent! Don't be so hard on yourself.

DarkFloodRises Thu 18-May-17 16:53:12

It's often easier to spot solutions to problems when the problems are just words on a screen rather than real live children!

Newtothis11 Fri 19-May-17 01:01:35

Know what you mean - I'm sure all mums feel the same. There's no rule book with this you have to go with what you feel is right at any one point in time.

LordBeefCurtain Fri 19-May-17 01:33:25

I hear you! Reading some of the posts on MN makes me feel like everyone else has got a guide book but I am floundering in the dark!

I feel so useless and inadequate reading some posts about meal planning and social activities. Some days we just stay in PJs and eat pizza! Other days we eat chicken, veg and strawberries and even have a walk!!!!!

My children, 10 and 12, seem to being doing just fine despite me fumbling my way through it all. Doing well at school, clean, not overweight, good teeth, lots of friends etc. I think I'll just keep on keeping on as we seem to be doing ok so far!

Kursk Fri 19-May-17 02:41:59

To make you feel better DH was due to pick up DS from a after school activity. DH forgot,

DS watched and waved at DH as he drove past. He didn't realize until he got home

DoIKnowWhatImDoing Fri 19-May-17 12:49:04

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. It's such a hard thing being a parent.

Oh no! I imagine DH wasn't in your good books after!

DoIKnowWhatImDoing Fri 19-May-17 12:51:27

I'm so glad I can vent my feelings on here. I'd feel embarrassed to tell my friends or family. I don't want to feel like I'm being judged and think that I can't cope

tired88 Sat 20-May-17 21:22:56

I'm a nursery nurse as well and it all goes out the window. I find as well I'm the same it ends up reminding you of work so you don't want to so the same eg routine and .....everything. I saw I thing a while ago said star if you worry about being a parent, then you're doing a good job star

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Sat 20-May-17 21:25:24

Give yourself some space, you are doing fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now