Talk

Advanced search

Bibs!

(19 Posts)
user1465146157 Wed 17-May-17 22:50:59

All the bibs I have still allow milk to seep through to clothing - is this the norm?

Does anyone know a brand that actually prevents me having to change my baby the minute she's been fed?

Also do larger bibs exist? I can only find a one size fits all generally and they seem tight around her neck

Thank you!

JayDot500 Thu 18-May-17 06:55:29

OMG I had the same problem! All the bibs I could find were either expensive and huge, or too small. I took to buying many packs of muslin cloths and tying them like oversized neckerchiefs. Usually works for me.

Lovelilies Thu 18-May-17 06:58:00

I bought some plastic backed ones from matalan. Work a treat! Terry telling on one side and plastic on the other. Very retro ha ha they do the job though!

Eeeeek2 Thu 18-May-17 07:12:00

I have funky giraffe ones and they work well, you do have to change them after a big spit up or it will seep through but they handle most of it. 2 poppers as well for different fit options

user1465146157 Mon 22-May-17 16:36:39

thanks so much all

i feel like i'm changing the baby around 7-8 times a day!? is this normal?!

I found some big bibs in M&S - dribble bibs and they're not bad - will check out the options you've all mentioned!

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 22-May-17 18:39:03

I've just found some fleece backed ones in IKEA which are much better than the ones we had been using. A much better fit and no dribble on clothes!

isthistoonosy Mon 22-May-17 18:41:08

I got some plastic jackets (worn so they fasten at the back) from Ikea. I think they are for when kids are painting etc but they worked well.

Lules Mon 22-May-17 18:42:14

Another vote for funky giraffe! So much better than standard ones

ijustwannadance Mon 22-May-17 18:45:55

Plastic backed ones are £3 for 10 in asda.

CurlsLDN Mon 22-May-17 18:48:58

Funky giraffe here too! Ds had bad reflux and puked after every feed, they would soak up the liquid but I could just change the bib and not his whole outfit.

I think they also do toddler sized ones

savagehk Mon 22-May-17 18:49:13

You need something that's fleece or towelling backed. Funky Giraffe as mentioned smile Although in our case it wasn't milk leakage it was drool.

marthastew Mon 22-May-17 18:59:53

You need Mum2Mum bibs. They do various styles but all have absorbent fronts with waterproof backing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s//ref=mwdpp_a_s?ie=UTF8&k=Mum2Mum

user1471583707 Mon 22-May-17 19:16:40

Funky giraffe bibs
Don't bother with shop/supermarket Ines they are too thin and don't have an absorbent backing! Mine are in charge child 3 and still great

Herbie22 Wed 24-May-17 09:59:17

Next ones have a fleeced back and work well with my sickly lo. Sainsbury ones are good too.

FartnissEverbeans Wed 24-May-17 17:04:46

Loads of places do ones with waterproof backing. I have some from Mothercare, Sainsbury's etc. Not the most attractive bibs but I have an incredibly puked baby so I really don't care grin

When DS's reflux was at its worst I used a combination of muslin cloths and bobs when feeding him. Big waterproof bib and cloth from the waist down.

flapjackfairy Wed 24-May-17 17:11:17

The seenin special needs clothing sight does neckerchief bibs in bamboo with waterproof backing. Smallest size should be fine for babies and they are great They dry v quickly so can be used all day and wash really well. .
Not cheap but wash well and last ages l

Redken24 Wed 24-May-17 17:16:39

Asda have great cheap ones. I also have mother care ones which are much more expensive and just longer/bigger

silkpyjamasallday Wed 24-May-17 17:27:29

I don't understand why they don't all come with a plastic layer between the fabric layers like a waterproof sheet for a mattress. Even fairly thick purée seeps through!

Anditstartsagain Wed 24-May-17 19:16:25

I use bibble bibs they are online best bibs ive found. Fleece backed snug and very nice looking. I bought lots of diff patterns so they look like part of the outfit. For eating I use asda plain white plastic backed 10 for £2 or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now