Talk

Advanced search

Children taken from patents

(26 Posts)
user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 10:09:55

Hi just after some advice. If a man and a woman have their 6 children take off of them and split between different family members. The couple split up. Children are still not allowed unsupervised contact with either parent. Woman meets new man and is pregnant what will happen with the baby?

gamerchick Wed 17-May-17 10:11:27

It'll probably be taken away at birth.

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 10:55:41

I can't change the thread tile. "Parents" not"Patents"

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 10:56:07

Ok even if the new partner had access to his kids.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Wed 17-May-17 10:56:46

Option for new man to have custody without any contact with dm I would think.

pieceofpurplesky Wed 17-May-17 10:57:14

Why were the children removed will be important too.

BertieBotts Wed 17-May-17 10:59:56

The new baby will be on the at risk register and social services will have to run a whole new investigation to ascertain whether the baby will be allowed to stay with the parents. They wouldn't automatically be removed.

The whole situation sounds like a huge mess, are you involved directly?

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 11:00:27

What if the new partner lives with the mum?

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 11:01:19

But the new mans kids stop with the mum and him 3/4 nights a week so they must be trusted?

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 11:05:04

I am not 100% sure why they were removed. I've been told it was because they didn't go to school but if it was between get up early or never see your kids well it's a no brainier. I've not actually asked them I've asked through a family member.

gamerchick Wed 17-May-17 11:05:16

Why were they taken away?

BertieBotts Wed 17-May-17 11:11:37

Hmm social services may not be aware of new man's kids if they are not on the at risk register but this could be a concern. Though it would depend on the reasons. And no, not going to school is in no way going to be the full story here.

I would stay well, well out of it.

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 11:22:17

Hi thanks I do try to stay out of it but this new baby will be my nice or nephew and I'm worried we may not have him or her in the family.

user1480966678 Wed 17-May-17 12:46:41

Niece sorry

BertieBotts Wed 17-May-17 21:33:18

Could you make yourself known to social services as a potential carer?

Unfortunately it's likely you won't have much if any influence over the outcome. If someone is troubled to the point of having 6 DC removed and is dealing with that by rushing into a new relationship and having more children, the outlook is not great. Most people in that situation simply have too many problems to be able to turn things around within the time frame that a child needs them to be able to. That is the sad fact.

I appreciate you might not want to say but is it your sister or your brother? If it's your sister then there's likely nothing you can do unless you can talk her into co-operating with social services and get her to open up honestly about the problems she's had with the others.

If it's your brother then I'd strongly advise him to seek legal advice if he wants to have a chance at getting sole custody in the event that the mother is deemed to be a risk, which is a possibility. He would need to be prepared to cut contact with the mother if this was the case, which would of course be very difficult. He might need to prove that he's capable of that (but I wouldn't do anything without legal advice.)

Jellybean85 Wed 17-May-17 21:38:55

As someone who works in social care I wouldn't necessarily say baby will be removed at birth. How long since the other children were removed. Despite the scare mongering social workers really do want to keep families together.
If it was a long time ago and the parent can show change they will be given the chance of an assessment.
It may be however that until its proved that it's safe baby starts out with family member or in foster care.
I agree though make social care aware early of any back up family members who could care.
Won't stop them assessing the parents but means better chance of baby staying in the family and not being put up for adoption.
Feel free to message If you want more advice. flowers

user1480966678 Thu 18-May-17 06:37:39

Thanks. What a mess. This is my brothers baby. I don't have much info just what he's told us.

BertieBotts Thu 18-May-17 09:04:43

Ah what a mess. Sorry. I know it would be painful either way but this has the chances of being very difficult for him.

Floggingmolly Thu 18-May-17 09:11:05

I would imagine it would be removed at birth. Can't see ss removing 6 children and leaving a 7th to sink or swim.
Her circumstances have clearly not changed if the original children haven't been returned.
And as pp have said; it will absolutely not have happened because they were missing school, that will have been the tip of the iceberg.

user1480966678 Thu 18-May-17 09:55:54

Flogging I know that already

NataliaOsipova Thu 18-May-17 09:59:14

If it's your brother's baby and he hasn't had a child removed from his care before this must change the dynamic, surely?

LostMySanityCanIBorrowYours Thu 18-May-17 10:02:39

One of my daughter's friends was removed from her parents along with her five siblings and not allowed unsupervised contact with either parent for a reasonable amount of time.

I don't know the details but the mother was pregnant at the time and allowed to keep the baby with her. She later regained custody of one of the younger siblings.

The older ones have been told they will never be allowed to live with either parent but they are now allowed unsupervised contact with the mother (not sure about the dad)

I suppose it depends why the children were removed.

user1480966678 Thu 18-May-17 10:05:03

My brother had two kids with his ex wife. She cheaters they split. I'm still friends with her so I know this is 100% the case. My brother is a good dad he has his kids over to his lots. He met this new woman but he didn't think she had any kids. Never mentioned them to us and they were never with her. Know we know why. It's such a mess. I have my own children so I'd rather not have another. If it was to take in the kids he has then sure but not knowing this baby makes it different. Is that really bad of me though? Would this new baby never be allowed with its mum with my brother being there? Maybe my brother would move out and have the baby. He would have to give up work?

olderthanyouthink Thu 18-May-17 10:57:19

You brother knows exactly what happened for the children to be removed?

I've no idea about this sort of thing but if his ex found out her DC were living part time with someone who had their DC removed could she try and use that against him?

MrsSthe3rd Thu 18-May-17 11:04:40

I would absolutely take Jellybean up on the offer and message them directly.

What a horrible situation all round sad

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now