Talk

Advanced search

Does your baby like morning milk?

(5 Posts)
DoubleCarrick Tue 16-May-17 09:11:40

Good morning!

Just curious more than anything. DS, 4mo last had a feed at 4am and he's been awake for around 40 minutes. He's likey to wait another 20 minutes before he has his first feed. He's busy laying at my feet chatting to himself and enjoying stroking and chewing his muzzie grin

Does anyone else have a baby that doesn't like breakfast? How does that translate to toddlerhood? Think he's likely to be the kid that never eats breakfast? not that i'm bothered, I'm just curious

MaverickSnoopy Tue 16-May-17 09:27:04

I can relate. My 10mo has never really asked for a morning bottle and would 50/50 take one if offered. We go through periods where she doesn't want it and I have to wait until later on. It used to worry me but now I know it's just who she is. She's tracking on her chart, she just doesn't eat that much.

I am currently sat trying to convince her to have breakfast. She will have a bit but nothing near what I read that other babies have. She won't touch traditional breakfast food either, so no cereal or porridge. Breakfast is usually fruit and yogurt and a bit of toast. She'll be keen for lunch though!

I wonder whether she will like breakfast when she's older. Seeing their personalities come through is very interesting.

Gooseygoosey12345 Tue 16-May-17 09:50:14

My Dd was the same. She's 6 now and is still not really a breakfast person but she will eat in the morning before school. No one in our house is really a "wake up and eat" sort of person though so maybe it's learned behaviour on our part

Caterina99 Fri 19-May-17 02:54:07

When my DS started showing less interest in his morning bottle, I took that as he was eating too much overnight and gradually reduced his night feeds. He stopped feeding overnight and slept through from about 5 months. Obviously it won't work for all, but it definitely worked for us

DoubleCarrick Sat 20-May-17 15:42:28

@Caterina99 spoke to soon grin He demolished his overnight bottle and had a massive feed at 7am too this morning! Also had a big feed at 10.30pm. I feel we're into growth spurt territory again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now