Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with 12 month old.....advice please

(6 Posts)
HappyGirly10 Mon 15-May-17 19:06:25

Booking to go to Portugal for a week at end of June with our ds who will be turning one while we are there.
Looking for some advice on what I need to take, what I should having him away.
Also has anyone used a uv tent with any success?

Thanks....

Heirhelp Mon 15-May-17 20:47:08

Following as we are doing similar at the end of May.

I am taking the all in one factor 50 swim suits for her to wear for throughout the day. I can't imagine getting my daughter to stay in a tent and I am assuming it would get hot inside.

I am taking a light weight sling, which I must try out, for the airport.

HappyGirly10 Mon 15-May-17 21:40:22

Where did you get the all in one suit?

Planning on taking Ella's pouches too as reckon we will eat out a fair bit.

Just have no idea what to expect..still feeling pretty amateur in all things parenting!

Yeah. Doubt I'll get him to stay in a tent for more than 5min may just aim for the shade!

Heirhelp Tue 16-May-17 06:32:33

Morrison, Asda and peacocks sell them with hats.

We are going to an all inclusive family friendly holiday so I am hoping it will be super helpful and not hell on earth. It should be convient for food even though my daughter is dairy free. I am going to wake soya milk incase she wakes for milk during the night due to the routine and a few snack bars.

Heirhelp Tue 16-May-17 06:34:10

Sun suits

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Multicoloured-Pretty-Fish-Sunsafe-%289-months---5-years%29/131159290-MultiColoured

Kiwi32 Tue 16-May-17 06:41:50

Yes to sun suits. You may find you can get Ella's pouches there-I recently bought them in Dubai!
We fought a £40 lightweight pram for travelling with and it has a big sunshade and reclines flat which was brilliant for poolside naps and the airport.
Faro airport has brilliant facilities-pushchairs available to use while you're there, brilliant separate kids play area with microwaves for heating food and chairs to bf, I was really impressed. Take some giant muslins as extra sunshades/lightweight blankets too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now