Talk

Advanced search

What are your quickest breakfasts?!

(10 Posts)
2littlemoos Thu 11-May-17 22:55:39

One day of the week I have 50 minutes for DCs to have morning milk, get myself, toddler and baby dressed, breakfast made AND eaten, then teeth brushed etc. and out the door! I bet some of you have less time than that! shock

I have ended up just giving the toddler a fruit and oat bar or banana or crumpet in the pram but would like some better ideas.

Please include ones I can take on the go as it's inevitable sometimes!

Thank you!

MrsJamesMathews Thu 11-May-17 22:57:32

Assuming getting up earlier isn't an option...

choc chip brioche?

Starstarbright599 Thu 11-May-17 23:02:53

Weetabix or cereal if you have time for them to eat it

You can make bran breakfast muffins and store in freezer/bread bin. They are really yummy and full of fiber and you can add bananas, raisins etc

Banana and oaty bar fine tho!

candlelit35 Thu 11-May-17 23:09:23

Brioche
Tube Yogurts (frubes etc)
Raisins / dried apricots
Banana
- you can always give a small tub of dried cereal for the journey- cheerios work well for this.

2littlemoos Thu 11-May-17 23:12:22

mrsjames ideally yes but realistically it's just not happening!

Thanks for tips. Love the idea of the freezable bran muffins!

I do have a new clip on container for the stroller so can start filling that up with fruit and cereal as suggested. Thank you

chloechloe Fri 12-May-17 08:14:35

I second healthy muffins. The River Cottage Baby and Toddler cookbook had a good recipe for apple and oat ones (Google throws the recipe up):

www.google.de/amp/s/thehoblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/apple-and-oat-muffins/amp/

They're filling and nutritious, super fast and simple to make. Just freeze them and take them out the night before. My 2 year old loves them. I should make them more often to eat myself rather than reaching for an afternoon sugar fix!

2littlemoos Fri 12-May-17 08:35:51

Lovely thank you chloe. They can become her tuesday regular!

chloechloe Fri 12-May-17 09:43:05

Glad to help! They're great because once you've bought the ingredients they'll keep for a while and the fresh stuff needed - apples, yoghurt, milk and eggs- I always have in anyway. And making them is a good rainy day post nursery activity!

MollyHuaCha Fri 12-May-17 09:47:18

Weetabix or similar was always the quickest thing in our home when DCs were little.

suilaruin Sat 13-May-17 15:31:12

In the warmer months I do overnight Porridge oats then just top with fruit, honey ect. Or I just microwave Porridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now