Talk

Advanced search

Painful hands and arms

(6 Posts)
user1465146157 Mon 08-May-17 23:44:08

Hi all
Since having my daughter 3 months ago I have developed a soreness in both forearms - probably from picking her up, winding her etc etc but can't imagine I do it that much to justify the extent of it

Anyone else had this?

How can I prevent it? I do use my phone a lot more too maybe it's to do with that?

Would be good to get some thoughts

Thanks

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 09-May-17 20:41:47

Have you tried not using your phone for a day and seeing if it eases? Just a thought smile

polkadotdelight Tue 09-May-17 20:55:23

I remember DH and I complaining of sore arms for a while after our DS was born, I'd completely forgotten about that!

Harveyrabbit76 Wed 10-May-17 11:29:23

I have this! Especially in my thumbs. Some days I found it difficult to even put deodrant on! It is tendonitis but also you need to make sure your forearms are stretched and not tightening up. I use ibuprofen gel but I also massage the forearm up near the elbow, you might be able to feel knots there? My sister is a physio and she currently massages my arm once a week but she also has to do the same thing as she gets the same problem. Its just the repetitive movement etc. Try and manage it before it gets worse. I think swiping on my phone didn't help either!

user1465146157 Thu 11-May-17 06:34:21

Thank you all
Yes will try and get some help on it - good to know it's not just in my head and it is a thing that happens!

Phone usage is definitely a cause and hard to not use it. Will try and cut down!

Steph999999 Thu 25-May-17 23:41:46

I got tendonitis too which was very painful. It was in the wrist area. I found what aggravated it the most was putting my baby in his car seat (whilst it was in the car) because you kind of have to bend your wrist to get him in. I bought one of those spinny car seats and haven't had a problem since. I found icing it for a good 20 minutes 3 times a day, taking ibuprofen and using ibuprofen gel all helped. There are probably one or two things that you are doing that is causing the pain and if you can find out what it is then likely a minor adjustment will help.

If you are in the UK you can self refer yourself to NHS physio on your local NHS website and they might be able to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now