Talk

Advanced search

excema

(8 Posts)
delta2266 Sat 29-Apr-17 09:15:28

My daughter is 3 and had excema from being tiny. She has had a bad flare up lately and nothing is working to calm it down. Her skin is also so dry it is starting to peel away. I am completely stuck on what to do. We have tried all the emollients and steroid creams and noting is working. I have tried dead sea salt but all this does is dry her skin out and makes her itch even more. I would appreciate any advice As i really do not now where to go from here. She is under a consultant at the RVI but so far nothing has worked

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 29-Apr-17 17:08:36

Does she have any allergies at all? Just asking as me and my DSister both have CMPA. She had awful eczema which only cleared when she stopped drinking milk.

delta2266 Sat 29-Apr-17 19:30:13

Not that we know of but waiting to get allergy test done to rule anything out.

Wolfiefan Sat 29-Apr-17 19:31:33

What have you tried? I know it'll probably be an awful long list! Also how often do you apply and how? Eg steroid in the morning?

Eeeeek2 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:12:24

I'd second cmpa would the gp agree to a dairy free trial?

MinnowAndTheBear Sat 29-Apr-17 21:14:59

I was recently prescribed an anti microbial shower crime called Dermol 200 and it's worked wonders. Apparently people with eczema react badly to the micro organisms on our skin, and the shower crime helps reduce this flare up pattern.

MinnowAndTheBear Sat 29-Apr-17 21:15:16

Creme not crime!!

Babymamamama Sat 29-Apr-17 21:23:59

I went through this with dd. She's starting to grow out of it now aged under 10. Things that have helped are: Elocon, fucibet and eumovate creams. I found regular strength hydrocortisone wasn't strong enough. Dermol 500 instead of soap. Balneum Plus as bath additive. I used to rotate moisturisers but my favourites were cetraben and Aveeno. Also be sure to give an omega 3 6 9 supplement. Child version. And lots of natural oils like avocado and olive oil in diet. It can be miserable so I hope some of these work for you. Oh and in my experience most gps are fairly ignorant in treating skin conditions so I'd insist on a dermatology referral and skin swabs if you can't get on top of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now