Talk

Advanced search

Entitled society

(4 Posts)
Caughtbetweenpyschos Fri 28-Apr-17 15:15:43

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4454862/Frustrated-father-blockades-school-gates-blazer-protest.html?ito=emailsharee_article-factbox#mol-6af799c0-2c10-11e7-87c5-cfe0fe208eed
Has anyone else seen this headline story in the newspaper?
AIBU to think that this is an example of entitled society we live in, have the parents no respect for their daughter???
I totally sympathise with the Mum having to undergo cancer treatment but isn't this another reason not to make a show of their daughter in such a publicly humiliating way?
I have had periods in my life fortunately before I had children when I was living on fresh air and it's made me watch every penny and I prioritise my children's welfare first, but it's become all too common now for people to expect something for nothing this young girl is 15 she is HIS responsibility, I think I'm enraged because this sort of story is becoming to regular and there's a section of the public who refuse to acknowledge that the country is skint they need to help themselves a bit more.

glueandstick Sat 29-Apr-17 15:32:53

This is Swindon. Says it all really. He got a total roasting in the local rag though.

PortiaCastis Sat 29-Apr-17 15:41:15

I won't click on a Daily Fail link but I have seen this article elsewhere. More benefit bashing

Caughtbetweenpyschos Sat 29-Apr-17 17:38:43

Totally agree benefit bashing and my overwhelming feeling is sympathy for the daughter to be raised by a father who is happy to humiliate his daughter for his own selfish ego victory, I feel that this is how a small section of society is heading and the feeble minded read and believe the drivel written in this rag but this is happening the 'entitled' act like the world owes them living and in this instance who suffers the children from that school denied an education.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now