Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleepy after 8 week immunisations

(14 Posts)
crazypenguinlady Thu 27-Apr-17 18:49:25

My son had his first lot of immunisations this morning. He's been a little cranky on and off. I've taken his temperature using a digital thermometer several times throughout the day which is fine. However, he's been very sleepy today, with a few longish naps. Lately he hasn't napped much as he's been far too interested in looking at people/things instead so him sleeping so much today is bit more unusual . Plus he's not been very interested in milk. He usually LOVES his food. He starts crying like normal for food but only taken 2-3oz every fee hours as opposed to drinking the full bottle. He's been okay at times with a spurt earlier of being very alert and happy in his bouncer and few smiles as normal but his eating and sleeping is a little off.

I've given him 2 doses of Calpol (2.5ml) one at 9.45am and the other at 3pm. He's my first baby so looking for a little reassurance that this is all normal.

PastysPrincess Thu 27-Apr-17 18:50:26

Mine was the same; slept all day after his jabs. Back to normal the next day.

Cakescakescakes Thu 27-Apr-17 18:54:17

Totally normal.

Booboostwo Thu 27-Apr-17 19:56:00

Afternoon vaccinations was the only time DD ever slept! Enjoy the quiet time.

I'd be laying off the Calpol if he doesn't have a fever and is not in pain.

MadeForThis Thu 27-Apr-17 20:08:42

Mine was the same after each set of vaccinations. Was back to normal self the next day.

MadeForThis Thu 27-Apr-17 20:10:08

I was also advised to give a couple of doses of calpol. It's recommended when they get the meningitis jab.

Clickncollect Thu 27-Apr-17 20:10:56

Totally normal, my boy was very clingy afterwards and I was still breastfeeding at the time so I just gave myself up to the sofa and snuggled for the rest of the day while he slept or fed here and there. He wasn't 100% the next day either but not as bad as the day the immunisations were done.

Peachesandcream15 Thu 27-Apr-17 20:26:57

Totally normal. Enjoy the quiet!

3 doses of calpol are recommended when they have the men b vaccine.

crazypenguinlady Thu 27-Apr-17 21:38:34

Thanks everyone. He's been asleep solidly since about 6pm except for a small bottle (again only took just over 3oz) so nice to know it's fairly normal. Just making sure he's having lots of cuddles smile

WowserBowser Thu 27-Apr-17 21:43:40

Dd slept all day and all night. Didn't really want milk and moaned when she woke up. But she was fine the next day!

We've just had the 3rd lot of jabs today and i was dreading her being as poorly as she was with the first ones but she has coped really well. She slept for 4 hours afterwards but woke up happy. Although she is seeming a bit unsettled tonight.

FartnissEverbeans Fri 28-Apr-17 06:46:42

Mine too. I think he used up a lot of energy screaming confused Gave me a real front because he went sort of pale immediately afterwards and fell asleep straight away. He was fine though

Skp87 Fri 28-Apr-17 06:54:16

He'll be fine just keep up the regular carpool x

Skp87 Fri 28-Apr-17 06:55:03

Omg calpol not carpool!

ButtMuncher Fri 28-Apr-17 07:03:19

Totally normal OP. Don't worry - I was you about 6 months ago. Lots of cuddles, offer milk, and keep an eye on temp. Your little one is fighting off the injection which is exactly what they're supposed to do grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now