Talk

Advanced search

When did your LO(s) start sleeping with a blanket?

(6 Posts)
octoberfarm Thu 27-Apr-17 02:41:59

LO is on the verge of turning one and has suddenly started showing an interest in blankets (read: loves wrapping them around himself and faceplanting the floor) and I've been wondering for a while now: at what point do you actually let them sleep with a quilt/duvet/blanket type thing in their crib?

I know the guidelines are just nothing in the crib with them until one, which we've stuck too, but when did you first give your little one a blanket and/or pillow to sleep with?

Thanks!

60percentofthetime Thu 27-Apr-17 03:18:31

Ds1 had a blanket and small pillow from 18 months (before that just slept in pjs and nothing else), but ds2 has been swaddled in a blanket since birth and needs a large muslin cloth to chew to send him off to sleep. He's had the muslin cloth since about 2 months old.

SleepForTheWeek Thu 27-Apr-17 08:00:57

DD was in a sleeping bag until nearly 2, she was terrible at keeping covers on. We started putting covers on her when we removed the sides from the cot, she likes them now but more often than not kicks them off. She's had a pillow from around 10 months old and LOVES it

abbiebunn Thu 27-Apr-17 19:18:33

I've never heard that nothing in the crib with them till they were one??

Anditstartsagain Thu 27-Apr-17 22:07:16

Both mine slept in a sleeping bad holding onto a light blanket from about 12 weeks ds1 had a cellular and ds2 had a stretchy swaddle blanket he was swaddled in when newborn. Ds1 is 5 now and sleeps with a big paw patrol fleecy blanket every night still. I think a blanket is good for them to use as a comforter makes dummy/bottle/breast weaning easier if they have something else.

Caterina99 Fri 28-Apr-17 02:11:46

DS just got a toddler duvet and pillow at 22 months when we took the side off the cot. Before that sleeping bags, but he had a small Muslin as a comforter from about 4 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now