Talk

Advanced search

Sancto-mummies can do one!

(7 Posts)
tazo5153 Tue 25-Apr-17 21:43:50

I am so fed up with hearing "you let your child see that??"

I took my 2 yr old DS to see the new Beauty and the Beast. He loved it! We watched Goosebumps, he thought it was amazing, he loves TMNT and has recently started to enjoy Avengers cartoons. His favourite show is Walking with Dinosaurs.

I am so fed up of other parents telling me that these shows are not "age appropriate". They are rated PG specifically not to have a lower age limit, but to allow parents to decide if they appropriate for their child. My DS thinks monsters and dinosaurs are exciting and loves them! If he loves it and doesn't get scared who the fuck are they to tell me that he shouldn't be watching them?

If he was watching scar face and the godfather series I would understand the reaction..but come on? Even 2 year olds needs a bit of a break from Paw Patrol every once and a while?!?!

bigchris Tue 25-Apr-17 21:45:18

Don't tell other people your plans?

AssassinatedBeauty Tue 25-Apr-17 21:46:33

Who's saying this to you?

Summerisdone Tue 25-Apr-17 22:14:33

I agree with you completely OP, I often get looks of shock and sometimes comments made when people find out my 2 Year Old DS watches Harry Potter and Dr Who. We've just watched Jurassic World for the millionth time tonight and I'm thinking of introducing him to Jaws soon.
He doesn't express in any way that he finds these things scary and he has no problems sleeping at night so they don't appear to give him nightmares so I don't see a problem with him watching them.

He even watched an episode of The Walking Dead once, but that was by mistake as he had been unwell so was sleeping next to me on the sofa but I hadn't notice him wake up as he remained so quiet. I've no idea how long he had been awake but at the end he sat up and asked for more monsters on confused

It also gives me a break from watching Paw Patrol and Thomas the Tank on bloody repeat all the time grin

PsychedelicSheep Tue 25-Apr-17 22:16:14

My kids love Jaws! They're older now but it's been their favourite film since they were little.

KERALA1 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:18:47

Hmm it's fine being all relaxed with toddlers but watch out - toddlers don't really understand what they are watching but as they get older they do. We now on 4th night in a row that my 8 year old has come in sobbing because she is still disturbed by a 12 film she watched weeks ago.

NavyandWhite Tue 25-Apr-17 22:19:00

Calm down and keep quiet about your goings on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now