Talk

Advanced search

Very spewy 3 week old HELP!!

(6 Posts)
BugabooMom Sun 23-Apr-17 01:30:38

Hi,
I recently gave birth to my DD who is now 3 weeks old she was born 3 weeks early and in the last week we have been up a lot with her at night and is very unsettled and spewing up quiet a lot she can be very cranky and cries like she has a pain she is bringing up wind 90% of the time fine we have changed to Dr Browns bottles to see would that help but seems to have made the spewing worse any tips and info would be really helpful will be speaking to my Public Health Nurse first thing Monday 🍼

PotteringAlong Sun 23-Apr-17 01:36:48

Reflux?

PotteringAlong Sun 23-Apr-17 01:39:55

Sorry, didn't mean to press post, typing one handed and slipped!

Have you tried keeping her upright for 20 mins or so after a feed? She might need some anti-reflux meds. I'm assuming you're not in the U.K. Based on the public health nurse comment. Could you get to a dr and ask?

BugabooMom Sun 23-Apr-17 01:47:29

Not too sure I never had any problem like this with DS so I am new to all this and really not too sure, yes I'm not in UK in Ireland will phone my public health nurse first thing Monday morning and see what she says also wouldn't be able to get to my doctors until Monday either, will try the holding her in upright position for 20mins after feed see if that helps.

babynugget Sun 23-Apr-17 01:55:56

We had the same and infant gaviscon cured it. Just wish I hadn't waited 3 months to try it. We did the whole holding her upright for a while after a feed thing to try and avoid using gaviscon but it just meant that she got so used to being held that we went through a lot of difficulty getting her to self settle, and she still doesn't really (she's now 2.5). The gaviscon is just a thickener, unlike adult gaviscon, so it it's not really medication a such but I was worried about 'medicating' her. Once we started using it we were able tonliebher down to watch her mobile, roll about, etc and genuinely wish we had tried it sooner. Speak to your public health nurse (which I assume is the same as a health visitor?). To see what they think. They recommended it for us when she was weeks old and I stupidly resisted. It's crappy though - bet your washing machine is on constantly! I remember it well.

BugabooMom Sun 23-Apr-17 23:57:31

Going to ring her first thing tomorrow morning as it isn't right to be spewing up that much, or be as unsettled hopefully it's nothing thanks for the advice here's to hoping things get better🙋🏽😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now