Talk

Advanced search

It's as if my baby knows

(10 Posts)
Elland Sat 22-Apr-17 09:29:56

Please someone tell me why my baby stays asleep until 6 every time it's his dad's turn to get up (1 night a week) yet has never slept until 6 when it's me (6 bloody nights).

I was sure last night he wouldn't sleep late as he's had me up 3 times every night all week but nope, 6am again! How does he do it?!

DoubleCarrick Sat 22-Apr-17 09:32:38

15 week old ds often has a lie in until 9am on daddies shift!!! He also only ever wakes once a night for him. So unfair envy grin

On another note, how does he also know when I've made a hot cup of tea. Cue an hour long feed...every...bloody...time.

grin

Elland Sat 22-Apr-17 09:37:14

They can smell the cup of tea, I'm convinced, DS does it too!

OH has gone out this morning too so I've had to get up and the first thing DS did was be sick all down the inside of my nice summery top! OH response, oh he's not been sick this morning before this 😤

Eminybob Sat 22-Apr-17 09:37:45

Yeah I'm with you there. Dh was away for 5 nights and ds got up at 6/6.30 every day.
The night dh got home I was away for the night and ds slept until 8am for dh!
I'm sure the my know the little buggers!

ProudBadMum Sat 22-Apr-17 09:37:52

Mine does this! She always has, I had a thread about it.

foxessocks Sat 22-Apr-17 09:41:27

Yup. Feel your pain. See also my ds who whinges and cries all day until I'm tearing my hair out but will happily sit smiling and playing with dh hmm

katiegg Sat 22-Apr-17 09:42:01

both of mine did this! and husband works shifts that vary week to week so it's not as if they knew to have a lie-on on a saturday or sunday for example.

babies are smart. the whole being 100% dependent on you for absolutely everything is an act. they are secretly plotting our demise, and our husbands/partners are in on it!

Rollonbedtime7pm Sat 22-Apr-17 10:35:11

Mine knows the second I get into bed and shut my eyes - her's go "ping!" and she's awake for the next 3 hours! confused

Elland Sat 22-Apr-17 11:28:32

Foxes oh god we get that too! DS will scream, whinge moan all day to the point where I'm pulling my hair out and as soon as his dad walks through the door he is as calm as anything and makes me look like a lunatic!

Littlelegs19 Sat 22-Apr-17 23:00:28

My DS can smell food. Or to be more precise, whe. I'm about to eat food. He could be sleeping soundly but the minute I go to eat he wakes up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now