Talk

Advanced search

7 months old and still wakes up

(7 Posts)
elena2610 Sat 22-Apr-17 01:30:21

I have a son, 7 months old, i still have him in his little cot bed "next to me".. he still wakes up during the night for some breast milk, but I'm starting to believe that he just wakes up because he's not comfortable in his little cot? His turning around a lot and he might need his space.. and I'm saying this because when his ready to sleep, i feed him in our bed and let him sleep there until we go to sleep.. i think he just got used to it and when i put him in his little cot he then wakes up because his just uncomfortable and needs more space? Or is he waking up because he's not getting the food he needs to keep him through the night? He wakes up every 2 to 4 hours.. helppp pls,, i have a routine that he's use to it for the last 3 months and his only breastfeeding,..

elena2610 Sat 22-Apr-17 01:34:48

Maybe it's time to move my DS to bis cot bed,???

Neverknowing Sat 22-Apr-17 01:40:23

My DD is the same. I read that it's just because bf babies are sometimes just used to waking up and having milk. A few things to try 1. letting your DP rock him back to sleep so he's getting used to being fed in the night
2. Feeding him for shorter and shorter periods at night
3. Making sure he has more calories during the day.
The last one seems to be working for my DD, i give her more solids during the day and shes sleeping for longer. I think it's helping to break her habit.

LauraPalmersBodybag Sat 22-Apr-17 01:41:19

I'd move him OP. All of the sidecar cots are pretty dinky and at around this time they start to roll and crawl in their sleep. My dd slept much better when she could move herself onto her tummy.

It might not solve all of your problems, my dd didn't sleep till around a year old, but they do need more space and I hope that helps.

elena2610 Sat 22-Apr-17 01:50:09

When he wakes up during the night he knows he'll get my breast for milk and for comfort as well, if my DO rocks him or even me he'll be wide awake because he's just not used to it, he only knows "my breasts" lol, but yeah, i do believe that his little cot it's small for him and it's time for a change,, I will make that change and hopefully it'll work. I started weaning him as well around a month ago and now I'm trying to make a new routine regards his feedings, his having 3 meals per day plus breast milk..

elena2610 Sat 22-Apr-17 02:08:30

I want to hear other experience from other mothers pleaaaseee..!!

SockQueen Sat 22-Apr-17 21:42:43

Not all babies are sleeping through by this stage. It sounds like being in a too-small cot could be part of the problem so it's good you're fixing that, but some babies just aren't ready to sleep the whole night. Is he definitely hungry at every wake up?

My DS is the same age, and although he was a decent sleeper, it's all gone to shit this last week and he's up every 2 hours. Not hungry every time - I offer him the breast but sometimes he feeds properly, sometimes just messes about a bit, and really just wants cuddles till he drops back off. I'm hoping it's just a developmental thing and he'll grow out of it soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now