Talk

Advanced search

12 week immunisation = very unsettled baby...

(7 Posts)
Whatsername17 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:19:22

Dd2 had her 12 week immunisation jabs yesterday and has been really unhappy, off her feeds and very tearful today. The nurse said there were no side effects with this one (unlike the 8 weeks ones). I've given calpol tonight after and hour of crying. It is so unlike her. The NHS website says there are some babies who suffer side effects. She has also been pooploding throughout the day which I'm guessing is the rota virus liquid? She is bf and poos every day at least once. Today has been particularly plentiful though. Just wondering if anyone else had the same and if there is anything I should look out for?

babypeach Thu 20-Apr-17 21:35:26

My lo was miserable for around 2 weeks after all the vaccinations but seemed to have a very painful stomach and runny tummy with bloody streaks after 1st rotavirus so was not given 2nd dose. He refused to feed much at all afterwards so was reduced to expressing and syringe feeding for two days. Think we were just very unlucky!! He still got the other jabs and got a fever as expected when he got the newer meningitis one, plus general greenish stool and unsettled for a couple of weeks.

I think its to be expected unless you feel very concerned.

It will pass! Xx

greylove Thu 20-Apr-17 21:49:53

My DD was clinging and had temp for 48 hours and very sore
If your worried call HV or Gp

Whatsername17 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:51:53

Thanks both. I'm not overly worried just wondered if other people had side effects as the nurse said they only get them with the meningitis b vac. However, the NHS website said differently. We will ride it out, I just wish I could feel poorly for her. Poor baby.

KarmaNoMore Thu 20-Apr-17 23:02:41

Babies can deteriorate very quickly if they have diaorrea or fever. If she looks too lethargic or unresponsive, it is a good idea to take her to A&E, it is very likely that it is NOT the vaccine but don't assume any extreme symptoms are part of it or that they will clear on their own.

Littlelegs19 Fri 21-Apr-17 01:02:44

Thankfully My DS was ok with the first 2 lots of jabs but my nurse told me the same with both-he can get a fever, bad stomach, clingy etc. I just kept an eye on his temp and how many wet nappies he was having. Hope your DC is feeling better soon

Whatsername17 Fri 21-Apr-17 08:33:58

I've fed her lots through the night and taken advantage of the fact that she is sleepy so was more accepting of the boob. Her poops have stopped too. I don't think the rotavirus agrees with her as this did happen last time as well. Hoping we are through it now. Until next month anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now