Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Joie Spin/Cybex Sirona/Maxi Cosi Axiss Fix Plus FROM BIRTH

(8 Posts)
oliversmummy26 Thu 20-Apr-17 13:21:01

Just wondering if anyone has used any of the above 0-4 car seats from birth.

I'm expecting my second in September and looking at car sets. Already ordered a pushchair and carry cot and didn't really use the baby carrier I had with DS1 on the pushchair as I was generally going on longer car journeys and didn't like having him in the car seat for too long.

So looking at a permanent car seat in the car, but have read some reviews of people saying that these 0-4 seats don't really recline enough for newborns, so just looking for some advice really from people who've had them for newborns.

Other option would more than likely the pebble followed by pearl 2 way with the 2way base...buying one seat from birth saves me around £150 but would rather baby's safety and comfort over the cost saving...

oliversmummy26 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:46:25

Bumping

Anditstartsagain Thu 20-Apr-17 16:42:32

I have the joie spin I didn't use it from birth because it didn't recline enough honestly thats the only complaint I would have with it the recline is rubbish if ds2 is sleeping and we go downhill his head falls forward. Oh and the straps are prone to twisting when tightening and loosening easily fixed but annoying.

chloechloe Thu 20-Apr-17 21:47:22

We have the Cybex Sirona for DD2. I bought it as I had lent the Maxi Cosi Pebble we had for DD1 to a friend and got pregnant sooner than expected while she was still using it.

I wouldn't say I have noticed much difference in terms of the recline between the Pebble and the Sirona. When they are very small (DD2 was 6lb 4oz) they do look a bit swamped in the Sirona but now DD2 is 4 months she sits in it quite comfortably.

oliversmummy26 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:00:33

Thanks for your replies, I think I will take a trip to mothercare in a few weeks and look at them all side by side..

Acorncat Mon 24-Apr-17 22:24:33

I used a britax dualfix from birth and had no problems with his head flopping forwards. I'll be using it again soon hopefully. I'm getting a Joie spin as an occasional seat for my other car but I am a bit concerned that it won't recline enough, doesn't look as much as the dualfix. All depends on the shape of the seats in the car, really effects the recline.

oliversmummy26 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:56:01

Acorncat thank you so much for the recommendation, I hadn't seen that one and it looks great! I'll definitely take a look at it in mothercare, but it looks pretty good on paper. Great price too, and by the time DS2 has grown out of it, DS1 will be out of his Rodi and just need a booster, so will save us hundreds! grin

oliversmummy26 Tue 25-Apr-17 11:14:13

Sorry last question - acorncat did your seat come with the newborn insert or did you have to purchase this separately?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now