Talk

Advanced search

What are you doing with your 15 month old today?

(8 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Wed 19-Apr-17 13:33:44

Just after a bit of inspiration really...
today we have been to a music class for an hour, done a quick food shop, had lunch and he's now having a nap. This afternoon we will go to the park or play in the garden. We allways do the same things on our 2 days off together-class in the morning then soft play, garden centre, park etc in the afternoon. Obviously with playing at home, reading books etc as well.
What's everyone else up to?

Thanks

doge Wed 19-Apr-17 15:02:06

Dd is 17 months.

Park/feed the ducks
Stay & play /toddler group
Coffee & cake!
Cbeebies blush
Swimming sometimes if I can be bothered to get organised!

Being at home is the hardest bit really as she's seemingly bored of all her toys! So watching with interest to see if anyone has any good ideas. But yes reading, or letting her empty the cupboards, or cereal/raw pasta in pots and pans that she pretends to cook/mix.

I gave her a nappy to put on her toy bunny the other day and that entertained her for ages!

She's not quite got into colouring/crayons yet but enjoys watching me colour and passing me the crayons for some reason. And me drawing animals etc for her to guess what they are.

Daisies123 Wed 19-Apr-17 15:25:44

16 mo here and two weekdays each week to fill. We usually:

Toddler group in morning
Lunch
2 hour nap
Play in garden (toy wheelbarrow is new big hit) or, if raining, inside with stacking cups, reading books etc
Tea time
Bedtime

She also enjoys going for a walk and feeding ducks.

Just got the Tickle Fingers Toddler cookbook to try as was looking for inspiration when the May bank holidays are here and I've got an extra day a week to occupy her!

Summerdays2014 Wed 19-Apr-17 16:47:50

I'll have a look at that book daisies - thanks.
Doge-we're not into colouring, play dough etc here either. He just eats it at the moment!
I like the mornings as they are always planned as we do the same classes. It's afternoons I find hard as he seems to get frustrated at hone and is much more likely to whine/tantrum.
Just spent an hour and a half in the park which was fun (if not repetitive!)

ZZZZ1111 Wed 19-Apr-17 18:46:31

Hi,

14 month old here.

Today we did park in the morning, lunch and nap. Then this afternoon went to a local shop and a cafe for a drink. Then playing in garden and inside reading books etc.

Other days we go swimming, walk to the library, go to soft play, go round friends' houses and have friends over.

Mainly try to do stuff that wears him out as he has endless energy, and stuff that I enjoy doing!

Looking forward to doing more water play and paddling pool once it warms up.

doge Wed 19-Apr-17 19:11:25

Yeah we always do a class or group in the morning and the afternoons are definitely harder, I think the warmer weather will help though, I'm not always motivated to go back out again when it's cold or rainy!

HandbagFan Wed 19-Apr-17 21:08:40

14m old DS today:

Up and out at 9.30 to see friend and her kids.
Left there 11.15 and he had a nap when we got home.
When he got up at 1 he had lunch
Then out with my Mum for small food shop and coffe / cake
Played with toys
Nap time again
Dinner, bath, bed

Summerdays2014 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:51:02

Thanks everyone.

We did the same again today - class in the morning and the park after lunch and nap (a different one today, with ducks!)
My son seems perfectly happy, I guess it's just me getting a bit bored of the same soft play/park/farm park/garden centre rotation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now