Talk

Advanced search

Help!

(5 Posts)
Decemberbaby15 Wed 19-Apr-17 13:02:19

My little lady is 15 month old. I was so happy when ifound put i was pregnant and the firat year i thrilly enjoyed, evennow she brightens up every day! I am juststruggling with how consistant it is. I feel i never get a second to my self. I feel bad for feeling this way. Before when i got stressed or it got too much a good nighta sleep would do the trick whereas now i wake feeling at battered and down as i did the night before. Does anybody else feel like this and does it pass.

Heirhelp Wed 19-Apr-17 13:06:01

It is so hard. Do you work? Have a partner or family member who can take the little one? Can you afford to put her on nursery two mornings a week?

Anditstartsagain Wed 19-Apr-17 14:52:04

It's hard with a toddler maybe the hardest stage they are still babies not rational can't be reasoned with and never ever stop touching and climbing.

It doesnt make you a bad mum or ungreatful for her to not enjoy every moment sometimes you need to stick on cartoons and veg out or have frozen pizza for dinner because you cant be arsed cooking. I always feel that there is this pressure to give your child this fairy tale childhood filled with smiles and crafting and splashing im puddles, cooking gluten free dairy free wheat free sugat free delights to make your little darling super healthy but it's not realistic to have this perfect life where you love every min and it comes easy lifes just not like that i would be willing to bet my bank balance not one mother in the world doesnt have days when they dont want to mum.

pollie9 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:52:27

I also have a toddler and have a work at the same time. It's a good thing that my mom is with us to help me with the household chores and in taking care of my child. I think you better get help to be able to find time for yourself.

Shootingstar2289 Wed 19-Apr-17 19:07:48

I feel for you. I have two children. A DS aged 6 who had Autism annd can be hard work and a 20 month old toddler who is into everything. My other half works long hours and going out with both of them can be tricky. I even dread the school runs.

It doesn't make you a bad Mum to feel that way. Sometimes I feel like sobbing to myself. I actually had a good cry last week. It was the Easter holidays and everywhere is too busy Togo out and about.

I find there's good and bad days. And the good days make the bad days worthwhile.

The toddler years can be tricky but it does get easier! 👍🏻

Does your daughter to to bed early? I live for 7pm bedtime! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now