Talk

Advanced search

Rockin Green for cloth nappies

(2 Posts)
annawilson12 Wed 19-Apr-17 12:24:33

Anyone used this detergent for cloth nappies and does it work well? Looking for something different as Ecover doesn't seem to be doing a very good job.

skankingpiglet Thu 20-Apr-17 22:42:01

Ecover isn't recommended for nappies, precisely for the reason you've mentioned.
I haven't tried Rockin' Green, but I have tried their Funk Rock (to remove ammonia build up) and didn't think it particularly effective, soda crystals have done a better job at a fraction of the cost. Once I had managed to shift the ammonia smell from them I invested in Tots Bots Potion (similar product to Rockin'), in the hope of stopping a repeat issue, but it was very very expensive and the results were the same as a non bio powder. In the end I've found cold rinse no detergent, 60 degree wash with own-brand non bio and 'extra water' button pressed, cold rinse no detergent has worked very well: DC1 has been out of nappies for over a year and 10mo DC2 has been in her sister's nappies for 9m (I used disposables for the first month), so they've had 29 months of use and still all in good nick bar a bit of curling on some of the synthetic inserts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now