Talk

Advanced search

mil so anoying

(5 Posts)
traceysn3 Tue 18-Apr-17 13:28:35

anybody else have a mother in law who never bothers with grandkids, only when she wants and can be bothered, never visits us, its always us who goes there and thats only because my husband feels guilty that she hasnt seen the kids! well today she has them for a few hours, 1st time since last year and she has put it all over facebook! not really got a question just want to have a moan! acting like the doting nan! she doesnt work either

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Tue 18-Apr-17 13:46:56

I know the feeling! We only see MIL and FIL when we visit them and they ply toddler with sugar to win her over. She is two and it's "have a kinder egg and have a whole cream cake and oh can she have some juice" NO! FIL even dunked her dummy in sugar once for no f***ing reason which we quickly wiped off. How about, play with her instead?!!! They are there to help whenever needed at least but not in terms of babysitting.

Another friend of mine saw DD1 3-4 times in a whole year even though she lives local and only works part time and then when I had my second she is suddenly free... pee off! When I did finally see her I said no photos for paranoid reasons but actually I didn't want her adding pictures showing the world that she is some apparent doting friend!

Many siblings have been rubbish with DC and it's hard not to take it personally. I have accepted it for what it is now though and am more thankful than ever for my own little family.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 18-Apr-17 13:56:54

It's a shame it's your DH who feels guilty his mum hasn't seen the grandchildren when she sits back and he does all the legwork to continue contact.

Sadly I do think some grandparents like the glory of having a role to play but offer very little by way of quality time let alone any practical help.
Am learning how not to do things if I am ever a grandma!

mummy80317 Tue 18-Apr-17 13:59:14

My FIL has only been to see my LO once since he was born. I feel so bad for my partner he only rings him when he wants something. We both had amazing grandads and want the same for our LO it's such a shame. My MIL is great she comes every week to see us!

traceysn3 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:54:07

i no he has always been like that! it can go upto 3/4weeks with no visits and he will say shall we pop rnd! in between tho she txts constantly quizing him about what were doing from hour to hour!
she also feeds them up on sweets so god noes what they have ate today!
my grandparents were amazing i always feel sad that my kids wont have the same! my parents live an hour away so we only really see them every few months and we stay over and mil gets so jealous! its quite funny to see, bearing in mind shes only round the corner so has all the time in the world to see kids! anyway rant over i could go on forever ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now