Talk

Advanced search

A difficult situation...

(2 Posts)
HealthVisitorNorth Mon 17-Apr-17 21:19:42

I've just made a comment on another thread and thought maybe I should start a conversation here for advice.

When I was a teenager I didn't have access to sanpro so I did often stay at home instead of going to school. I only told a teacher once but I was very embarrassed and felt awkward to ask.

As a parent in a similar situation who should we go to for help on this? It's hard to afford the cost of sanpro. Does anyone else find it really expensive?

I just signed this petition I saw and please can you too so the government helps girls who are missing school when there on.
https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-free-sanitary-products-for-girls-on-free-school-meals-freeperiods?source_location=minibar

As a parent it's a tough choice on a daily basis. I don't think some parents feel comfortable going to Foodbank's to ask for help.

minipie Tue 18-Apr-17 23:55:18

I realise this won't be suitable for everyone, but have you considered a menstrual cup? They cost about £20 but that's a one off cost as they can be reused forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now