Talk

Advanced search

11 day old baby turning on side-advice please!

(6 Posts)
Toobloodytired Fri 07-Apr-17 20:23:40

Hi All,

They say guidelines say to put babies on their backs, feet at bottom & hands over their blanket.

However, my son rolls onto his side!

Midwife did say that once he is able to roll himself, then it's fine as it means he is capable of rolling back.

Do I need to keep putting him back??

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 07-Apr-17 20:28:38

Ha dd1 never read the rules either. She rolled into her side at just days old too. Refused to sleep on her back.

In the end I put her to sleep on her side however I tilted her slightly so if she slid down the cot side she slid onto her back not her from.

Sat up, side, tummy, face between feet all somewhat preferable to back apparently hmm

Dd2 worse. Tummy only.

Toobloodytired Fri 07-Apr-17 20:33:31

Bloody worrying!

My son sleeps in his pram on a stand as it's the only place he seems to settle.

I put him on his side a few days ago & he instantly settled, I obviously watched him the entire time.

But now he's doing it himself.

I keep him at the bottom & the pram on a slant so his head is slightly higher than his feet

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 07-Apr-17 21:02:26

With dd2 we invested in an angle care monitor. There was sadly no changing her sleeping habits so we just had to make it as safe as possible.

Might be worth looking into? If it would help you relax a bit.

Babies just don't know how to behave do they smile

amysmummy12345 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:05:51

I've always fed my dds lying down in bed and because of this both of them have always slept on their sides, little monkeys the pair of em 😊

Littlelegs19 Sat 08-Apr-17 12:21:17

DS did this from about 2/3 days old and did it till he was about 8 weeks old. He seemed much more comfortable on his side and slept well. He stopped doing it and now sleeps on his back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now