Talk

Advanced search

Waking up crying and struggle to get to sleep

(1 Post)
AGJMT Thu 06-Apr-17 11:33:58

Hi all,

I'm new to Mumsmet and just looking to see if they've experienced the same and what you've done.

My DD is 6.5 months old and has suddenly started being difficult to get to sleep. We have a routine of gentle play, bottle, placed in cot then a story, but lately she won't go to sleep unless me or dh is in the room too. We just used to kiss her say night night and leave the room and she'd go off.

The second issue is once she goes to sleep between half an hour and 45 mins later she starts crying in her sleep (which sometimes wakes her up). We shush and reassure and usually she will go back off.

After this she will then sleep through until 6.30am. I know she can self soothe as she wakes up in the night has a little shuffle and then goes back off so not sure why she's now struggling at the first bit confused

Her naps have always been a bit on and off but generally she has 14 hours sleep a day (including night time). She has cut two teeth in a month and half but this issue only started a month ago.

Has anyone else gone through this? TIA x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now