Talk

Advanced search

Park Christmas savings

(9 Posts)
Vics100pink Mon 03-Apr-17 23:48:12

Does anybody do it, and what do you think of it xxx

Heirhelp Tue 04-Apr-17 14:44:01

You would have to buy things from them which can be more expensive A few years ago if of these schemes went bankrupt and people were left without Christmas presents.

It is a fantastic idea to save for Christmas. If you have online banking it is really easy to set up a saving account and give it a nick name.

Ratbagcatbag Tue 04-Apr-17 14:47:11

If you think you'd spend cash another option is purchase a love to shop voucher of say £20 per month and save them all up until December. smile

frazzled3ds Tue 04-Apr-17 14:47:58

I did it for a couple of years, and used the money saved to buy the high street vouchers which can be used in loads of different stores. However as I now tend to do most of my gift shopping on line, and my DCs are a bit older and not so toy orientated anymore, I opted for sticking cash in a savings account through the year instead as that gave me more flexibility on where to spend it. My attempts to do the whole savings things this year so far have been rather scuppered however owing to not currently having a job - extremely grateful to be getting benefits to enable me to pay the bills at the mo, but not enough left to save anything up!

Iamastonished Tue 04-Apr-17 15:07:54

Too many of these "savings" schemes have either gone bust or have not been set up fraudulently that I would be inclined to save my money elsewhere - in a building society for example.

Trb17 Tue 04-Apr-17 20:33:36

Used it for years for the love to shop vouchers. Bloody brilliantly for us. I ensure it's paid off early so I get the vouchers sent to me early October. Couldn't do xmas without it now.

Iamastonished Tue 04-Apr-17 21:46:06

So why not use a savings account instead and get some rather paltry just now interest on it.

CanIHaveYourNumberCucumber Wed 05-Apr-17 14:15:02

I do it and it's brilliant for making me save up for Christmas! I get the card which you can use in loads of shops and was able to treat myself to some clothes from New Look and a fitbit from Argos as I had saved too much! Haha

NomDePlumeReloaded Wed 05-Apr-17 14:23:23

Do they accrue interest? I don't really understand why you would do this rather than use a savings account, if I'm totally honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now