Talk

Advanced search

Can I stop my seven month old punching the crap out of me!!

(8 Posts)
fruityb Fri 31-Mar-17 11:28:17

Or am I just going to have to wait till he's bigger lol.

When he's laid on me for a nap he's laid sideways so one arm is tucked under him and the other one is free. With this arm he pulls my top down, grabs my bottom lip and yanks it (!) or punches the crap out of my chest. He either does this while he's having a hissy fit when he's over tired, or just because he feels like it.

I know he's a baby and I know he doesn't really get it yet, but is there any point in trying to tell him we don't do that, or no, or do I just hold onto his arm so he can't and ride it out for a bit!

He actually hurts when he clonks me sometimes. If he starts kicking off I've started just putting him down on his play mat as I'm not really up for being a punch bag and think this might be a way of him learning that whacking me = no cuddles. Is this about all I can do for now? He's a grumpy little so and so at the moment - he's trying to crawl and is full of frustration as well as teething which is always fun - and so he's doing it a bit more often. He woke up from his nap far too soon this morning which I also don't think helped.

SleepFreeZone Fri 31-Mar-17 11:30:53

You just have to ride it out. My baby head butts me regularly,scratches at my chest, hurls stuff at my face, pummels me with his feet and hands,swings his arms in my face. I think it's pretty standard 😜

fruityb Fri 31-Mar-17 11:33:08

He's never head butted me happily but good lord he's a grumpy arse lately. He'll play for a bit and then the uurrrrnnnnggghhh noise starts to kick in! Hopefully once he's mastered crawling he'll cheer up a bit lol.

Chosenbyyou Fri 31-Mar-17 11:55:40

Hi

This is a phase and I remember it well sad I think you are doing the right thing and it will ride out on its own.

I also remember that the second mine was able to crawl even at the slowest speed it was like a personality transplant - soooo much happier lol!

They still hurt you when they are bigger buts it's more clumsy accident thing than the scratching hitting phase that your little boy is in.

Xx

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 31-Mar-17 11:56:01

What happens if you hold his hand instead?

fruityb Fri 31-Mar-17 12:07:00

He doesn't like it assassinatedbeauty but it's this point where he either falls asleep or I put him down. As it was today I put him down and he played a bit more. Now having his lunch so reckon the nap will come in the next hour lol.

Roll on the crawling!

Rumtopf Fri 31-Mar-17 12:43:19

I've always gently held their arm or put them down on the playmat for a little while when they've done that. It's not pleasant!

silkpyjamasallday Fri 31-Mar-17 15:30:45

My dd kicked me so hard in the throat when I bent down over her on the playmat, I was practically winded! Now I just try to avoid her failing limbs wherever possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now