Talk

Advanced search

Buggy/stroller...?!?

(6 Posts)
Missfergal Fri 31-Mar-17 07:25:27

Hi there,

I'm looking into getting stroller for my one year old as something we can just fling in the car for days out (rather than our bulky two piece icandy) but don't want to spend a fortune.

From what I've looked at think we need something that reclines well, has a decent size hood, fairly decent wheels and a good size basket...

Any suggestions very welcome smile

user1487854472 Fri 31-Mar-17 11:32:00

Silver cross zest! They have it on offer in mothercare atm for £120 and well worth the money. The sun canopy bit comes right down and shelters baby well. I love mine.

IamChipmunk Fri 31-Mar-17 18:40:54

We gave a silver cross pop. Does all those things. Has withstood several holidays too! We have just bought the newest version for dd for her first holiday as we liked ds's so much!

Heirhelp Fri 31-Mar-17 18:44:32

We have the zest. It is great but is has a tiny basket.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 01-Apr-17 11:20:03

Maclaran Techno XT. It is expensive - around £220 I think - but it's worth it. It's lightweight, robust, great suspension, extending hood (so you can shade their eyes even when they're lying flat).

I see them come up second hand quite often for £60-£100.

Might be worth considering a second hand one depending on your budget. All the fabrics can be removed and machine washed, and you can always hose down the frame.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 01-Apr-17 11:22:23

My dh is very tall and likes that the handles on the XT extend. He pushed a Silver Cross Pop around Mothercare but found that he had to stoop a bit and kept kicking the back of it with his massive feet grin

I didn't have this problem though, but I am not very tall and my feet are medium sized!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now