Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else not actually remember the first 12 months

(4 Posts)
mummarichardson Thu 30-Mar-17 22:18:20

I was looking at the 1000s of pics on my phone of my son from his 1st year and I honestly cannot remember much about that time at all. He is only 22 months old and I have already forgotten what it's like to have a 3,4, 8 month baby. It's like I was drunk (genuinely wasn't!) is this normal?

ClearlyOpaque Thu 30-Mar-17 22:39:28

No idea if it's normal, but I feel the same! It's all a blur apart from a tiny handful of clear memories of specific moments in time.

ZilphasHatpin Thu 30-Mar-17 22:41:06

Yes me! I struggle to remember much of DS2 early years but I did suffer from PND throughout and was very stressed at the time so I think maybe that's why. I feel really guilty about it.

Freshprincess Thu 30-Mar-17 22:50:10

Yes. I have DTs and I barely remember most of the first 6 months. The things I do remember, I'm not 100% sure which one it was. i make it up when they ask me blush

However I never forget what day they need washed PE kits on, friends names, what time clubs are on, what day to sign the homework book, lunch money, favourite biscuits, etc etc. That's the stuff that matters to them now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now