Talk

Advanced search

8 week check and vaccinations

(6 Posts)
user1465146157 Thu 30-Mar-17 08:43:41

Hi - my doctors surgery has cancelled my vaccination appointment and moved it to next week. I'm concerned as DD is now 8 weeks and 1 day.

When she has her jabs she will be 9 weeks + 3 days, and the check up for both me and her is now after, at 9 weeks + 6 days.

They originally told me that she can't be vaccinated BEFORE the check up - but now the are saying it's up to me. TBH i was taking their advice.

Nothing i can do as they say the nurse who administers the jabs isn't in any earlier. Shall i kick up a fuss?

Is it dangerous to leave her jabs for longer than 8 weeks?

SquedgieBeckenheim Thu 30-Mar-17 08:48:45

No, it isn't dangerous to delay the vaccinations by a week. Just need to make sure the next lot are 4 weeks after these (13 weeks old), not at 12 weeks.
I would see if they can bring the GP check forward, but it's not necessarily an issue if they can't. Obviously you'd be happier doing it before her vaccinations.

StarUtopia Thu 30-Mar-17 09:15:33

No It's not dangerous. I delayed mine by 4 weeks.

WowserBowser Thu 30-Mar-17 09:18:00

Ours were delayed due to Christmas and then she wasn't well. She's a few weeks behind now. It's never been said to me that it is an issue.

Heirhelp Thu 30-Mar-17 09:24:09

The only 'danger' is that she will not be protected for another week. But many babies have delayed vaccination due to holidays or illness.

user1465146157 Fri 31-Mar-17 18:26:58

thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now