Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ski trip advice

(8 Posts)
bountygirl Wed 29-Mar-17 21:18:29

Help! My daughter (11) is going on a week long school ski trip in December and I have NO idea what she needs to take with her in terms of amount of stuff. I know she needs salopettes and ski jacket, mitts/gloves etc but as far as the base layers go - how many does she need? Does she wear normal socks under ski socks (like I did 34 years ago?!) or new ski socks every day?i know I'm premature but I'm trying to buy stuff in the sales with it being the end of the current season! Poor kid. I must be the only mother who doesn't ski anymore so have no idea. #snowsportfailuremum

LIZS Wed 29-Mar-17 21:21:45

Proper ski socks only. Base layers as for outdoor sport - uniqlo or m & s heatech - plus lightweight fleece. Most can do 2 days. For December also a neck gaiter which can cover area from nose into jacket.

bountygirl Wed 29-Mar-17 21:33:03

Thank you. Much appreciated 🙏

Hassled Wed 29-Mar-17 21:35:39

She'll need a helmet as well, don't forget.

bountygirl Wed 29-Mar-17 22:10:39

Yes thank you - they hire those for the children there so that's one thing off the list..... phew!

vickyors Wed 29-Mar-17 22:20:23

She'll need two sets of base layers, but probably only two ourfits (depending on the type of trip). For our kids, we went at half term and I took a different outfit per day. She literally wore two things the whole week, because they're in ski clothes for the whole day!
A sun cream with lipsalve at one end is awesome.. and a collapsible water bottle is a really good idea..
As for ski socks- nothing in the boot but the ski sock. Never layer socks- terrible for circulation.
And base layer for kids- mountain warehouse. Brilliant and not expensive.
Neck warmer.
Base layers
Fleece
Jacket
Gloves
Saloppettes
Goggles
3x ski socks.
Slippers.. if they're hanging out at the chalet/hotel.

Godotsarrived Wed 29-Mar-17 22:25:42

Working with the industry the only additional piece of advice is book early with the indoor slopes if you are planning on her having lessons prior to going. Less expensive in the summer and she'll be slope ready by December... plus you won't be disappointed when you can't get her lessons in season

bountygirl Wed 29-Mar-17 23:32:02

Thank you so much all for the brilliant lists and good advice with booking lessons in advance. Hugely appreciated 🙏🙏🙏

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now