Talk

Advanced search

Bullying / meanness - advice please

(3 Posts)
OhGood Wed 29-Mar-17 11:55:44

Hello all.

The children in our little estate all play together outside. They are quite a tight little gang, varying ages up to 2nd year of senior school, with some kids that are more on the periphery.

One of the peripheral kids is quite a strange little chap - let's call him James. He's often ignored, not allowed to join in, and they run away from him.

Yesterday, I noticed that the gang had been drawing in chalk on the pavement, and the drawing included a huge beautifully decorated sign saying 'WE ALL HATE JAMES'.

(I rubbed it out.)

I don't know what, if anything to do about this. Should I approach some of the mums on the street whose kids are perpetrators? Should I tell James's mum what I have seen? Should I stay out of it?

Thanks for your views.

0dfod Wed 29-Mar-17 17:27:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhGood Sat 01-Apr-17 18:15:55

Thank you for this. I am actually not lovely as I just dithered and wibbled and ended up doing nothing (well except we had 'James' around for tea and a play.)

He's actually at a different school to the 'gang' which probably partly accounts for this.

And you're right. I will not let the next incident past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now