Talk

Advanced search

Co sleeping...

(10 Posts)
unicorn24 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:52:35

Who cosleeps? What age did LO go on their own? How did you get them to go back to being on their own?

My son is 9months always goes in his cot then tends to come with me in the middle of the night after his night feed because he takes ages to get back to sleep. We went on holiday last week and he slept with us all week because the cot wasn't comfy. Now he doesn't seem to want to go back in his cot, I'm hoping it was just change of routine and that he'll be back to normal in a couple of days.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 28-Mar-17 19:02:05

Mine went in their own room at 14 months when they stopped sleeping and wanted to p,at instead.

Is he in how own room yet?

unicorn24 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:03:38

Hi, no he's not in his own room just yet. I find he still wakes a lot so it's less hassle if his cot is at the side of me so I'm not waking up fully

Crumbs1 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:07:42

Mine co,slept until 9 months when they had three days sleep.training

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 28-Mar-17 20:12:04

Might be worth trying him in his own room or could you feed him to sleep in your bed and transfer him into his cot? Have you tried putting a t shirt DH has worn in there so it smells comforting? Obviously nowhere he could suffocate though.

unicorn24 Tue 28-Mar-17 20:25:31

His room is in the process of being decorated at we've just moved house so that is our next move. He's never fallen asleep on a bottle, I always have to nurse him back to sleep, but often when he wakes at 4ish for a bottle he can be awake for a good hour and that's when he ends up coming in bed with me

Heirhelp Tue 28-Mar-17 20:59:32

We started cosleeping at 6 months and we are still doing it at 10 1/2 months. We don't use the cot at all, I imagine we will keep doing for a long while as it is much easier to dealing with waking and teething.

teaandbiscuitsforme Tue 28-Mar-17 21:12:29

We put DD into a single bed in her own room at 16 months. We transitioned quite gradually: I co-slept in her bed, then I BF to sleep but DH did wake ups, to DH putting her to bed.

ILiveForNachos Tue 28-Mar-17 21:17:48

Co-slept from day one. At just before 10months we put a double mattress on the floor in another room and from the first night she went from waking every 2 hours to waking once or never! No sleep training needed although I still feed to sleep.

Wittyfunnynamehaha Tue 28-Mar-17 22:15:54

I had a snuzpod and ds either slept in the pod or in bed with me up untill 6 months. At 6month we put ds in a cot in his own room and he's happy to sleep there only wakes once in the night for a feed. He only Cosleeps now if hes feeling extra clingy otherwise he likes his own space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now