Talk

Advanced search

Threenagers

(21 Posts)
AlphaMama Tue 28-Mar-17 00:44:06

Need I say more?!😩

If I was a religious woman, I'd be saying "God is testing me. He has to be..."

I mean, this stage is the WORST. Terrible twos got nothing on threenagerness. Am I right?

(Please, someone tell me we're not alone in this!)

(I'm really regretting my username choice right about now. AlphaMama I am not!)

nevergooglenevergoogle Tue 28-Mar-17 00:48:12

My littlest is about to turn 3, he has turned vile.

Mostly throwing and shouting and being a wind up merchant.

nevergooglenevergoogle Tue 28-Mar-17 00:52:53

3 was worse than 2 for my oldest child definitely. Middle one is obviously saving it up for the teenage years.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 28-Mar-17 01:25:54

Well I have a 2 and 3 year old.
So my life is fun and games ;)

AlphaMama Tue 28-Mar-17 07:58:16

Oh god Wobbly. You're a braver woman than me!

And yeh, hitting, biting, just screams in your face until she runs out of breath. It seems at its worst when she's frustrated, but no matter how much we try and talk to her to help her understand what she's feeling, it's always the same. 😞

isittheholidaysyet Tue 28-Mar-17 08:02:09

Never understood terrible twos. My kid were terrible at 1 and terrible at 3.
2 was quite a nice year.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 28-Mar-17 08:11:29

Do you do 'time out' op. I do find that it works really well. So I give a warning. No shouting please and do a countdown.. Ten nine... It works here. Then I put him in a quiet corner for three minutes or if he hits younger sibling straight to the corner.

I know it may not be the most popular method but I find it works for us.

AlphaMama Tue 28-Mar-17 08:17:08

Yeh, we've introduced the naughty step, count down from 3 (clearly not as patient as you!😆).

It's having mixed results... but maybe she needs time to get used to it... <she says hopefully>

user1485196412 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:21:49

I feel your pain. A lot.

isthistoonosy Tue 28-Mar-17 08:25:30

Also got a two and three yr old we stick to the rule of you share or compromise or it gets put away out of reach.
To be fair they are generally ok together as the older one is pretty calm.

I can only assume the teenage yrs will be hell grin

PeppaAteMySoul Tue 28-Mar-17 08:30:27

I have a 3 soon to turn 4 yeAr old and I share your pain. All of a sudden he whines ALL THE TIME.

WhatwouldRuthdo Tue 28-Mar-17 08:33:12

Oh yes. He was a delightful two year old. Now is full of attitude, and with the language to back up the strops with declarations of how bad MY behaviour is. I feel your pain.

user1485196412 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:42:49

This is actually making me feel a lot better. Our 3 year old moans at least 50 % of the day. Everything is a drama. He can go from being a cherub all morning to constant whining and grumping in the afternoon. At least it's not just our house!

divadee Tue 28-Mar-17 09:16:53

When my now 19 year old was 3 I would of gladly sent her to outer Mongolia most days. The biting she did to everyone was so bad I was mortified most days. Time out didn't work, calmly explaining didn't work, putting her to bed didn't work. In essence nothing worked. All she did was scream louder and kick and bite everything. It did pass........

Remind me why I now have an 8 week old and have to do this all again?????

shirleycartersaidso Tue 28-Mar-17 09:36:37

2 was lovely for DTs, I thought we missed out on all the terrible twos business.

Then thy turned 3. Thank fuck those days are gone.

Afreshstartplease Tue 28-Mar-17 09:37:56

Fwiw the worst age in this house has been 4!

AlphaMama Tue 28-Mar-17 11:00:33

Afreshstart - you can't say that! I'm holding out for age 4! 😩

user14 - drama is definitely the word.

Diva - glutten for punishment? We have been toying with the idea of baby two size last summer. Pretty much getting my tubes tied after this shit storm of a stage.

AlphaMama Tue 28-Mar-17 11:03:15

I mean, this morning, she had purple porridge and a hot cross bun for breakfast. Did some drawing. She was a delight.

I said,"time for nursery, time to go". She cheered and sprinted towards the door.

By the time we were half way to nursery she was sobbing, "I want to stay home" over and over and over and over. Get her out the car and I'm 'that parent' at the nursery gate practically dragged her like a rag doll through the door. Sometimes I wonder what nursery staff must think of us!

ellise1988 Tue 28-Mar-17 11:05:22

I'm sorry op but my dd is 5 and this is by far the worst age! Whilst I do agree 3 was hard now she is older she is capable of a more complex 'tantrum' which can really bring the house down

StewPots Tue 28-Mar-17 11:21:25

3 year old here too! Absolute nightmare, a lot worse than when he was 2!

Personally, I'm waiting for when he's 6 because that appears to be the "calmed down with no hysterical meltdowns for no logical reason" stage and they become functional little people.

waits to be told otherwise and that 6 year olds are feral

AlphaMama Tue 28-Mar-17 11:31:57

So we get six years of grace before the teenage years.................

I just, but, imma.... <curls into ball>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now