Talk

Advanced search

How was it going back to work?

(4 Posts)
Floridasunset Mon 27-Mar-17 13:55:21

I am due to go back to work next week after a year maternity and I am devastated at the thought of leaving my dd. I know that she will be ok as she will be with family but I can't help thinking that she will wonder why I am suddenly abandoning her after always being there over the last year and that I will
miss so much.
Am I being completely irrational and how was it for you?

KatyN Mon 27-Mar-17 15:46:29

It was a bit sad because I wanted to be home with mine.. BUT when I get home my 15month old squeals with delight and holds her arms out to me.
K

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 28-Mar-17 19:18:06

I'm not going to lie and say that it's easy but when you see she's fine, it will get easier, plus, like Katy says it's lovely when you go to collect them.

Mine are older now and I'm really, really glad I went back. I've seen so many Mums who gave up their job and regret it, although having said that, I've never gone back full time.

Floridasunset Tue 28-Mar-17 19:38:27

Thank you both, th sensible part of me knows it won't be as bad as I'm imaging. I will try and concentrate on the lovely cuddles when i get home.
I know I would regret it if I gave up my career altogether

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now