Talk

Advanced search

New toys for 5 month old

(7 Posts)
BelliniButterfly Sun 26-Mar-17 20:18:04

So my baby is getting a bit bored with her play gym and bouncer. Any recommendations for the next developmental toys? She's still quite small so not ready for a jumperoo and I'm also planning on making my own sensory mat.

Thanks

FizzyFeet Sun 26-Mar-17 20:28:17

My DD enjoyed crinkly books, sparkly paper, and was beginning to get the hang of rattles and shakers at that age. Also have a search for "treasure baskets" - basically collect lots of real life things with interesting shapes and textures and let them rummage about. I had a collection of soft toys, one of floaty scarves, one of bath things (shower pouffe, new nail brush, rubber duck, washing mitt), one of kitchen stuff (pasta in a plastic bottle, egg cup, spatulas etc). Great fun!

Heirhelp Sun 26-Mar-17 20:45:11

My 10 month old has far too many toys but she loves her books, musical instruments and stacking cups. These are also a big hit www.elc.co.uk/elc-products/sensory-discovery-balls/130558.html

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Mar-17 20:53:58

Have you done the treasure basket thing?

Aliveinwanderland Sun 26-Mar-17 20:55:52

My DS is 5 months and has been in his jumperoo for 2 months now at least- he loves it! But he is fairly solid and has held his head well from very young.

He also loves a foil blanket, a crinkly fabric book and an ordinary small plastic children's food bowl! Strange but he likes to hold and drop it!

Heirhelp Mon 27-Mar-17 20:23:20

By 8/9 months by daughter could cruise and nolonger wanted to be in her jumperoo.

Dobbyandme Tue 28-Mar-17 11:22:34

The Lamaze toys are fab. They do a whole range of animals with different colours, materials and sensory bits and pieces. Freddie the Firefly has spotty wings, rainbow body, a mirror on one wing and grabby holes, Emily the Doll has beads on a ring, a flower pendant with beads in, a crinkly skirt. But they do alsorts. DD loved them from about three months and still adores them at 19 months.

Also another vote for treasure baskets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now