Talk

Advanced search

What to expect with 18 month old and a newborn

(3 Posts)
emilyjayne5 Fri 24-Mar-17 13:02:18

I'm currently pregnant with my second and I'm first will be 18 months old when he's born, I'm terrified!
I have no idea how my little girl will take having someone else having the attention. In my head she's still a baby herself and she still relies on me for everything so I'm so worried for when this baby comes along, how will she take it all? Or will she even know anything has changed?

Turneeps Fri 24-Mar-17 14:26:19

Bump, because I want to know answer too!
I'm pregnant and my 1st will be 14 months. I too am terrified...

redjumper Fri 24-Mar-17 19:37:15

My first age gap was 2y 4m and that was hard. He was so angry! And managing a newborn and the terrible two's and sibling jealousy all at once nearly broke me.
18 months is a very small gap - in a good way! At that age they forget what happened yesterday. In no time at all your DS will think this is how life has always been. There won't be jealousy or anger at that age. It'll be lovely in so many ways. Maybe tough in some ways as they will both be babies (nappies, prams, not able to talk etc).
Whatever happens, always bear in mind it'll be so much easier after a year. They'll be running around playing together and you'll be sat on the sofa with a cup of tea. All your friends with one baby will be having to be their child's number one entertainer but you get to chill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now