Talk

Advanced search

How do you cope with the clocks changing? Any hints and tips gladly received!

(8 Posts)
gfw01 Thu 23-Mar-17 19:46:00

Just that really....do you do anything 'special' to manage the clocks going forward?
Thanking you in advance smile

PastysPrincess Thu 23-Mar-17 19:47:39

I have always had a blackout blind on the window so it's always dark whatever time if year it is.

Bluwilllowtree Thu 23-Mar-17 19:54:29

I'm really interested to see the response here, I'm not sure how old your dc are but I have an almost 3 year old ds and a 6 month old ds and we don't really do anything different, just change bed time by 30 minutes night before clocks change then just put them to bed at the new time the next night

gfw01 Thu 23-Mar-17 20:21:04

I have a almost 6 month old boy. I read somewhere you should change the bedtime 10/15minutes each night leading up to the clocks going forward. Haven't managed this!

Wasn't sure if I was making a big thing of this or not....

Half an hour a night sounds manageable.

ferriswheel Thu 23-Mar-17 20:23:37

I have a 1, 2 and 4 year old. The best year was when I just had a busy fun filled day lined up to keep us on the go til way after normal. A late cycle, swim or something.

BellaGoth Thu 23-Mar-17 20:24:23

I'm sending my 4 year old to my mum's. Hopefully he'll be back on Wednesday fully adjusted and ready to go!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 23-Mar-17 20:24:39

My DD is 16months and last year we just ignored the clock changes. She reset quite easily over the next few days. I'm hoping we will manage the same again.

gfw01 Thu 23-Mar-17 21:30:39

Haha! I wish I had the option, Bellagoth; excellent strategy!

I'm not too concerned about the mornings....he wakes up (after a restless night) at around six. Its just the evenings

Think I will do half hour amendments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now