Talk

Advanced search

Where do you bulk buy baby stuff?

(12 Posts)
theheatherjane1 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:41:47

So, I need to start thinking about stocking up on baby stuff.
I know I'm going to need an army of nappies and wipes, everything else I'm a tad vague on at the moment.
I'm bloody love some suggestions on where to buy cheap, effective baby stuff to get the stash going.

Many thanks

dontpokethebear Thu 23-Mar-17 09:50:16

With the last two children I have used Aldi nappies, can't fault them at all. Also when Aldi do a baby 'event', they sell a box of 12 packs of wipes for £5.99.
As for baby grows/sleepsuits, Id go cheap. They inevitably get poo'd and sicked on. So supermarket brands and primark are ideal and I've found really good quality.

PotteringAlong Thu 23-Mar-17 09:51:37

Don't stock up on nappies! You don't know which brand will suit etc (i.e. One brand was great for dc1 but dc2 had skinnier legs so they leaked constantly).

dontpokethebear Thu 23-Mar-17 09:53:00

If you're on fb, local selling sites quite often come up trumps with baby clothes bundles.

I wouldn't buy too many things in newborn or 0-3 as they're barely in them any time at all.
I personally think clothes are better bought as you go along, iyswim?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 23-Mar-17 09:54:00

Nct and mum2mum nearly new sales.
www.goreal.org.uk/ is a good starting point if you are open to trying reusable nappies and/or wipes
Facebook mum groups and buy sell swap pages

Trying2bgd Thu 23-Mar-17 09:54:43

Agree on nappies as they grow fast too!

Everything else try Costco. It is a good place for things like baby lotion, sudocream and wipes

welshweasel Thu 23-Mar-17 09:55:09

They go through the first few sizes of nappies really quickly so don't stockpile! Second Aldi nappies but every baby is different.

theheatherjane1 Thu 23-Mar-17 13:16:48

This is all good, thanks so much

glitterglitters Thu 23-Mar-17 13:26:42

Costco (I'm self employed) for nappies and wipes. Aldi too. And baby events.

ODog Thu 23-Mar-17 13:54:17

I subscribe for nappies and wipes on amazon. If you have amazon prime it works out really cheap and they are delivered for free each month.

Heirhelp Sat 25-Mar-17 12:35:52

Don't bulk buy wipes as you don't know how your little one will react to them. For the first 6 weeks I would only use water and cotton wool or water wipes.

glueandstick Sat 25-Mar-17 21:19:52

Amazon. Don't bother bulk buying everything as you might not use it. I've not even got through one pot of sudocreme in a year.

Subscribe by Amazon is good when you get into the swing of it.

Failing that, keep an eye out for offers. Waitrose had a great baby event last year and I got a year's worth of the wipes we use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now