Talk

Advanced search

Does the Easter Bunny exist?

(2 Posts)
dreamingofahotsummer Wed 22-Mar-17 22:21:41

I'm asking in preparation of a question I know I'm going to get within a couple of weeks from my DS1 aged 9 (Not 10 till Dec).
I've always promised myself that I wouldn't lie to my children, although last Dec I found myself stretching the truth somewhat when DS1 asked "mum, is it you that puts the presents out and not Father Christmas?" I got away with saying of course it wasn't me that put presents out. Instead I made DH do it instead!!! As I said - stretching the truth!!
So my question is: what should I tell him when he asks if the Easter Bunny is real? He's 9 now so I think we've done quite well keeping the magic alive. I know he's going to ask and I have no idea if I should tell him the truth, lie or what!!
Please give me your thoughts!! X

lavenderandrose Wed 22-Mar-17 22:23:07

Honestly? I think nine is really pretty old to literally believe the Easter bunny is real. As a kind of fun joke, no problem, but believing in an actual magic rabbit when he's ten this year would make me raise an eyebrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now