We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bad breath in 7yr old

(7 Posts)
Bloopbleep Wed 22-Mar-17 16:08:32

I've noticed in the past couple of days that my 7 year old has really bad breath. She was commended by the dentist just a week ago on good brushing teaching, lovely clean, cavity free and unstained teeth. She brushes twice a day as recommended by the dentist but they've stopped the after lunch toothbrushing they did at school. When she comes home from school it stinks.

She won't use strong mint flavoured toothpaste which I think may keep her breath fresh longer.

What can I do to stop her reeking? What could be causing it? If I'd noticed it last week I would've asked the dentist - kicking myself I didn't notice it before.

MrsJayy Wed 22-Mar-17 16:11:44

Might be coming from her throat is she complaining of a sore throat

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 22-Mar-17 16:12:12

Tonsil stones(s)?

Prokupatuscrakedatus Wed 22-Mar-17 17:21:18

Mine always started to smell from the mouth before they came down with tonsilities, bad colds, ear ache etc.
Like an early warning sign. I could get in the medication, shift my working hours and get ready.

bagsofbats Wed 22-Mar-17 17:23:44

Mine have smelly breath if they haven't drunk enough and also when they are poorly.

KatyN Wed 22-Mar-17 19:05:06

Mine is definitely dehydration. Give them a glass of water and they smell like roses (or the shitty nappy one is wearing).

Bloopbleep Wed 22-Mar-17 20:20:05

Thank you. She hasn't mentioned a sore throat but I'll have a wee look in anyway. I'll also try the water thing too incase it's that but she has abbottle of water with her through school so she shouldn't be getting dehydrated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now