Talk

Advanced search

Alternative baby nests to Sleepyhead for older baby?

(7 Posts)
sewardy Tue 21-Mar-17 11:03:33

I've just tried transferring ds to his cot - he's nearly 8 months and has slept in a baby hammock since birth. He cried and cried and rolled around all over the place - I think it's just too different and he still needs to feel cocooned.

I think something like the Sleepyhead Grand pod might be the answer but they are so expensive, even second hand. I'm not happy about rolled up towels as he will just unroll them and I don't want them to end up loose in the cot. Are there any alternatives which are breathable - he likes to turn his head to the side as he goes to sleep...

Thanks in advance!

mimiholls Tue 21-Mar-17 12:51:56

The towels are supposed to be under the sheet so he couldn't really unroll them and have them loose. You can also use the inner cushion sausage from the small sleepyhead (pureflow nest is also a cheaper alternative to this check on Amazon) and put that under the sheet. That will be breathable. That is what i have done now dd has outgrown the small sleepyhead and it works well.

farleybox06 Tue 21-Mar-17 13:08:02

We did buy the Grand Pod in the end as we couldn't find anything which came close to comparing! £ per use is completely worth it!!

BounceBounceSplishSplash Tue 21-Mar-17 13:58:56

Another here who relented and bought sleepyhead grand after initial disaster from transition to cot. It's been a godsend and DD sleeps blissfully in it - v expensive (and overpriced imo) but worth every penny so far!

mimiholls Tue 21-Mar-17 14:11:16

Before you fork out also consider what you will do on holiday or travelling to grandparents etc as it's not at all portable

Beansprout30 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:29:51

My dd loves her sleepyhead grand, I had to do an emergency wash of it today though and nap time was a nightmare because she was rolling all over the cot! So as above - they are fab until you can't use it for some reason!

ODog Tue 21-Mar-17 20:43:46

Yes rolled up towels in a horse shoe under the sheet. DD slept like this in a Moses basket and then in her big cot until about 7/8mo when she stopped needing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now