Talk

Advanced search

Men b vaccine - how were your toddlers afterwards?

(9 Posts)
polkadotdelight Mon 20-Mar-17 20:17:59

I've filled out the paperwork and paid for the vaccines to be ordered from our local surgery. I'm just trying to decide when to book DS (age 2 and a half) in for them. The most convenient day for me falls the day before I am due to go away with work for two days but I'm reluctant to do that if he could be off colour and want his mummy. How were your toddlers after the vaccination?

DesignedForLife Mon 20-Mar-17 20:26:53

Temperature for 3 days, bit grumpy, but otherwise fine. We didn't give paracetamol straight away though as the pharmacist told us not to.

DesignedForLife Mon 20-Mar-17 20:27:39

But yes, I wouldn't give it the day before I was due to go away.

polkadotdelight Mon 20-Mar-17 20:44:34

Thank you for replying, it would be unfair on both DS and DH to go away if it's likely he will be off colour (mummies boy!). I might delay it until just before the easter bank holiday so that he will have a run of days off with both of us.

Bigfootedmamma Mon 20-Mar-17 20:54:10

No side effects as far as I can remember!

PastysPrincess Mon 20-Mar-17 20:55:40

Mine was absolutely fine after the initial injection.

skankingpiglet Mon 20-Mar-17 21:40:47

Mine has just had her 2nd dose. Absolutely fine after both except for a very sore lump at the injection site which she complained about for around a week each time. made even worse by them cocking up the first dose and her needing a second shot in the other arm... In fact it bothered her so little she practically skipped in to get the second dose and the chap thought she didn't remember coming 2 months earlier: she remembered all too well as has a memory of an elephant, but I'd bribed her well with a Baskin Robins ice cream of choice and a new book on the way home. She obviously thought the brief discomfort was a small price to pay grin She's 2.9yo.

DD2 had hers as a baby as part of her scheduled immunisations with no side effects either.

GraceGrape Mon 20-Mar-17 21:44:23

My youngest was just 3 when she had hers done. The only side effect was a really, really sore arm. It lasted about a week and caused her to wake at night. Ibuprofen was better than paracetemol, and for a couple of days I alternated them every 2 hours.

polkadotdelight Mon 20-Mar-17 21:56:55

Brilliant. Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now