Talk

Advanced search

Mother's Day - what do you do?

(7 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Mon 20-Mar-17 18:23:53

Still relatively new to MD. Been trying to decide what to do... meals out are expensive and don't want my DH to spend the day in the kitchen. Quite like idea of going out all together but also like idea of not doing much as it's a Sunday and we've work the next day and DD has school (Y1). Am in need of inspiration!

Gillian1980 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:31:49

We don't do anything!
Dh has bought me flowers the past 2 years (we have a toddler) but that's it. I'm not at all fussed about it as an occasion.

lljkk Mon 20-Mar-17 19:36:21

Sorry, I'm another cynic, I feel like whole thing is ridiculous. Don't like to do anything. Just a nice day out you could plan?

DesignedForLife Mon 20-Mar-17 19:45:34

I think the last two we've gone to MIL, and she's cooked us dinner. By fluke rather than planning.

Nevercan Mon 20-Mar-17 19:48:00

Breakfast in bed is my little treat 😀

TheConstantCakeEater Mon 20-Mar-17 21:06:49

Nothing in particular here either but apparently there's a surprise planned for me.

Last year we had afternoon tea out with MIL on the Saturday and I baked/decorated a cake for her birthday (later in the week) on the Sunday but she moaned endlessly about minute things so this year she's getting a posted card

neversleepagain Mon 20-Mar-17 21:10:13

We go for afternoon tea in a gorgeous quirky little tea room in the Cotwolds. It isnt as expensive as lunch or dinner out and I just love it. The dc are only 4 but dh always helps them make me a card which makes me all weepy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now