Talk

Advanced search

Nightmare feeds

(7 Posts)
char56 Sat 18-Mar-17 13:19:56

My nearly 10 week old girl has been a nightmare to feed from day one. Aside from the odd good day each feed takes an hour. It consists of her taking a couple of ounces fine. Then slowing down, coughing and spluttering or becoming agitated so I stop and burp her. Then the screaming starts. She won't take the rest of the feed. I have to change her nappy , Rock her, calm her. Then I manage to get the rest down sometimes. Other times she then falls asleep on the bottle. Other times she takes the teat ferociously then squirms and strains as if she needs a poo. I've given her grip water boiled water as she seems to have trouble pooing sometimes. Health visitors GP have no advice really. Also on Dr Brown's bottles. I'm at my wits end. Only I feed her so I'm spending 6 to 8 hours of my waking day on the horror that is feeding her. I'm only clinging on to the hope it will improve soo tho it hasn't at all yet and that she won't be this small forever. Then I feel guilty feeling like this x

Cutesbabasmummy Sat 18-Mar-17 14:06:47

Maybe she has reflux? I'd take her to the gp because this isn't normal. Xx

Heirhelp Sat 18-Mar-17 14:07:35

Definitely sounds like reflux. Go to the GP.

char56 Sat 18-Mar-17 14:38:41

I've asked 2 or three GPs and they say it's wind and she will grow out of it. Thanks

divadee Sat 18-Mar-17 17:39:12

I'm another one who says it sounds like reflux. Our baby who is 7 weeks was exactly like this. Gaviscon helped a little and on Thursday we were prescribed some ranitidine and it's like a different baby. We still get some squirming and straining but that's cos she hates pooing and farting for some reason. All the other screaming has gone.

Cutesbabasmummy Sat 18-Mar-17 18:09:19

It really doesn't sound like wind. My DS had severe reflux and he was like this. We also had ranitadine which really helped xx

char56 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:44:04

Ok thanks. Will go back to GP. We had a few days where the screaming stopped so I though perhaps whatever the cause had gone but it's back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now